Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1983 Fleer Master thread

Looking for the 1 variation in the set, graded a 10. #327 Tom Brookens. Need both variations.

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Remind me what the variation is?

I just went through my raw set and put it in Pages. Always liked this set.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    #327A - Narrow 3/4" brown box at bottom on back

#327B - Wide 1-1/4" brown box at bottom on back

Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Cards that might have some value, that I have never or rarely seen on ebay: #1 Joaquin Andujar, #106 Vida Blue, #132 Brett Butler, #183 Dwight Evans, #194 Jim Rice, #235 Carlton Fisk, #247 Greg Luzinski, #257 Chili Davis, #292 Tim Raines, #420 Rick Sutcliffe, #492 Bill Buckner, and #562 Buddy Bell.
  • Options
    I have 237 cards graded gem mint. Looking for the other 424. Will pay more for the cards listed above.
  • Options

<< <i>Cards that might have some value, that I have never or rarely seen on ebay: #1 Joaquin Andujar, #106 Vida Blue, #132 Brett Butler, #183 Dwight Evans, #194 Jim Rice, #235 Carlton Fisk, #247 Greg Luzinski, #257 Chili Davis, #292 Tim Raines, #420 Rick Sutcliffe, #492 Bill Buckner, and #562 Buddy Bell. >>

I just subbed #132 Brett Butler in the group sub plus have a Brookens that looks minty fresh.
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Are you kidding me? Why not just but 500 way boxes for $10 bucks apiece, maybe less?
  • Options

<< <i>Are you kidding me? Why not just but 500 way boxes for $10 bucks apiece, maybe less? >>

Please let me know where you are getting 1983 Fleer wax boxes for $10 or less. Current BBCE price is $80.
  • Options
    Brett Butler auction ends tomorrow. I think the card will at least go for $50.
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    I need a minty fresh 83 Fleer #155 Steve Carlton in PSA 10 or a good candidate for a submission to become a 10.

Please PM me if you have one and can help.
  • Options
    I have a Carlton psa 10. Got it on ebay about 2 years ago for $40. Almost have 36% of the set. But someone else is buying this set now. Don't know if I want to put big money into it to complete.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a Fisk for sale. It's a big hole in my Fisk player registry.
  • Options
    Greencrow, please go into your preferences and turn on your Private Messages...it defaults to 'off' when you first join.

• Options
    Seen one psa 10 Fisk card on ebay, went for $70. It wasn't me.
  • Options
    Greencrow,

Would be interesting in selling the #155 Carlton PSA 10 you have?
  • Options
    I'll have to check the box of cellos I recently busted open for $65 for those tougher cards to see if they are grade worthy and let everyone know.
  • Options
    Cool, looking forward to more 10's
  • Options
    I now have 40% of the set. Maybe by 2013, I'll complete it.
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    I just bought some 1983 fleer jumbo racks with my last bbce order and got nothing but commons. In three racks I got on average 2-3 of the same card, but many were centered and corners were nice. PM me if you need some to fill holes or maybe sub. Just bought them to try and find some of the big three and came up completely empty. I noticed the cards below were mentioned as tough.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    Over 50% of the set is complete in gem mint condition. Took me over 4 years to get this far. I hope to finish the set by 2013. Three HOFers needed Steve Carlton, Phil Niekro, and Carlton Fisk. Looking also for the variation card Tom Brookens #327, both variations. Let me know if you want to get rid of any nice 1983 Fleer raw cards.
  • Options
    Over 70% complete. Still looking for 3 HOFers, Carlton Fisk, Steve Carlton, Phil Niekro in 10's. Looking for Tom Brookens in both variations.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I admire your tenacity. Great work so far.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    anyone know what the going rate for vending boxes from this year is???? I have all four boxes unopened and was curious.
  • Options
    The 4 vending boxes make up 3 complete sets. The boxes together are worth about $75-$100.
  • Options
    thanks for the info....maybe I'll break them and do some submitting.....
  • Options
    73% complete. No Tom Brookens or Phil Niekro yet. Other cards on the top of the list are Vida Blue, Dwight Evans, Lance Parrish, Rick Sutcliffe, and Larry Bowa. Picked up Steve Carlton in the Summer and Carlton Fisk in November.
  • Options
    82% complete in gem mint condition.
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>82% complete in gem mint condition. >>

Nice work!! Keep up the effort. When's your birthday? Maybe I can find a card you need to send you.

Jeff
  • Options
    The only player in the set that shares my birthday is Randy S Johnson, card #617.
  • Options
    I may have to go thru my 3000 count box from this year to see if any are psa worthy....
  • Options
    The countdown, only 95 cards to go.