Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is a good price to pay for 55 Clemente psa 7?

I want this card well centered.

Comments

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    The average sales price for a PSA 7 is almost $2400 but to get a nicely centered one my guess is you will end up paying $2700 to $3000.

Jeff
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I missed a couple, but this should help ...

1. SGC 86 NM+ 7.5 for $2,800.00

2. PSA 7 for $2,125.00

3. BVG 7.5 for $1,950.00

4. PSA 7 for $2,424.00

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Good price...anything under 2300 I have been outbid on the last couple around the 2100 or so mark.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Finding a decently centered example is the hard part.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>Finding a decently centered example is the hard part.

Steve >>

Yes, Koufax RC is the same way too.

Get one of these cards centered with 0 printing defects ........... that is rare to find
  • Options
    Koufax is much easier to find centered, Clemente on the other hand......

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you guys, Clemente is a toughie to find centered. Jeff has a beautiful PSA 6. I searched for a year for a nicely centered 6 with no luck while I built my set.
  • Options
    BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Please keep us updated if you pick it up. Would love to see a scan.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I paid around 2400 for mine and it was not perfectly centered but had no print, and mint corners.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Another reference

Link
  • Options
    Hi BigBen7,

Here's a fixed price listing for a 1955 Topps Roberto Clemente PSA 7. Seller has a BIN/BO on the card with a BIN of $3,195.00. Card appears to be a "lower end" PSA 7 though. There appears to be a slight tilt, but my eyes might be tricking me.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    ^^^^ looks like it is photoshopped or lightened up
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Jackwesq,
    Any experience with that seller? Those scans don't even look real. Not much feedback involving anything of significance. I would be very hesitant to buy from this seller. I'm going to email him for better scans.
  • Options
    Hi Mickey71,

My apologies for the late reply. I do not have any experience with that seller. In any case, "the item is no longer available for sale." But I did see this auction for a 1955 Topps Roberto Clemente SGC 84 with a BIN of $2,500.00 and is accepting Best Offers. I sent him an offer and he countered with $2,250.00. So if you offered him $2,250.00 (and perhaps lower), I'd imagine he would accept. Also, I emailed him requesting further information on the background/history of the card and here is his response:

<< <i>I think the card is accurately graded as a 7. I bought it graded by sgc alreaady. I did not think it would bump to a psa 8 so I left it the way it is as the card is equally valuable in my opinion in the sgc 84 or psa 7 so I did not feel any need to spend any money or risk cracking it out. as you can see the card has great centering , the print and coloring is awesome , slight touches at the corners keep it in the 7 grade. thanks for the interest. >>

I think the card has a better than average chance of crossing over to a PSA 7 but, of course, would welcome the board's opinion on this one.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    I think so too, however in this case I'd try for a crossover first.

If that failed I then might crack it and submit raw.

Of course I'd like to see the card in hand first.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I didnt like the two righ hand corners, card sold for 2250
  • Options
    That is why I'd have to see it in hand before I cracked it.

It could come back as a PSA 6 too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Id have to agree to agree that probably the nicest one ive seen not initially overpriced in a LONG time...looks great in the SGC holder. Corners look good enough with that centering!!! WOWZA!!
  • Options
    anybody up for paying an extra 1300 some for this copy? Most nice ones are way way overpriced on ebay....which stinks....

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    that sgc 84 was my card, the description that I gave Jack was accurate. I would have held out for the 2500 on it as I think it was worth it but there are a million things in the upcoming rea auction that I want and want to have as much cash on hand as possible.
  • Options

<< <i>that sgc 84 was my card, the description that I gave Jack was accurate. I would have held out for the 2500 on it as I think it was worth it but there are a million things in the upcoming rea auction that I want and want to have as much cash on hand as possible. >>

Certainly a great card....was anything wrong with any of the corners? how as the back?

Loth
  • Options
    anyone see any decent clementes lately?
  • Options
    Someone on AIM just showed me one............it was OC and all four corners were creased.
  • Options

<< <i>Someone on AIM just showed me one............it was OC and all four corners were creased. >>

geesh, who would be crazy enough to buy that!!!