Home Precious Metals
Options

Fortuna

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful pic, yours? Does she have a blindfold on?
    Becky
  • Options
    Well, I didn't make the bar or anything, but it's my picture shot with my cheapy Powershot A75 Canon image

Fortuna is the Roman god of good luck. PAMP Suisse bars bear her portrait. She's the archetype of our own "blind justice". She holds the cornucopia pouring forth good fortune.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I like the PAMP bars a lot, because of the quality of the bars and the good quality plastic holders they use, but I'm not a fan of their Fortuna design.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I am not a fan of the design either, Reverse if OK. I like pamp bars but feel like I'm in the 80's when I go to purchase one as they always sell around $40-$50/oz. Actually most all bars with "suisse" in the name seem to bring big bucks. What size is that bar? Looks larger than a 1 oz bar, Kinda looks like a 10oz Palladium bar.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    I'll chime in with not being a huge fan of the Fortuna design. I prefer the earlier Pamp design. I just managed to buy one on eBay and will try to post pics of it tonight.
  • Options
    Is it the horizontal bar? I think I have one of the ones you're talking about. I have 18 different design/size pamp bars.
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>I am not a fan of the design either, Reverse if OK. I like pamp bars but feel like I'm in the 80's when I go to purchase one as they always sell around $450-$50/oz. Actually most all bars with "suisse" in the name seem to bring big bucks. What size is that bar? Looks larger than a 1 oz bar, Kinda looks like a 10oz Palladium bar. >>

I actually wasn't much of a fan until I got this one in hand. But I have to say after seeing it close up I really like it. It's a 10 oz gold.

The design on the 1 oz bars is even better, though, because the "coins" tumbling from Fortuna's cornucopia are quite detailed:

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Here is a Pamp suisse bar I just picked up, Don't care for this design either but better than Fortuna in my eyes:
    Its all relative
  • Options
    Cars, this is the one I'm talking about.

• Options
    Wow, haven't seen that before, Wonder if it exist's in Ag. One thing I have noticed, I have 2 Fortuna bars, the backs are exactly the same but one is marked Essayeur Fondeur and the other Chiasso, Just noticed tonight, I'll have to research that.
    Its all relative