Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Dimitri Young short on cash?

about a year ago dimitri young had his "beard" aka-->cbailey758 buying up jim palmer rookies and a little after that bobby murcer rookies in psa 9. from vcp it appears that he bought at least four of each of them. both are from the 1966 set.

low and behold the memory lane catalog comes out and i see a palmer and murcer rookie. doing a little columbo work via VCP i see the palmer is one that he purchased just about a year ago for $3749! (this card normally trades in the $1500-$1800 range but is on the rise).

the image of the one from 03/08 is the same serial number as the one at memory lane. good luck to him recouping that money. i did not check out the murcer but i would suspect the same scenario. there are no psa 10's of 1966 palmer but a psa 10 murcer rookie was graded in 2009. i have not seen it on ebay or an auction house. i wonder who has it?

Comments

• Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    He probably bought it looking for a bump. When he didn't bump, it ditched it. I doubt that guy will ever be short on cash.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    With these paydays in the past I would hope he is not short on cash:

Year Salary
    1996 109,000
    1997 155,000
    1998 215,000
    1999 375,000
    2000 1,950,000
    2001 3,500,000
    2002 5,500,000
    2003 6,750,000
    2004 7,750,000
    2005 8,000,000
    2006 8,000,000
    2007 *500,000
    2008 *5,000,000
    Career: $47,804,000

Edited to add the beginning years of his career.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    He really had to cinch his belt in 2007.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    He bought several high dollar cards from me nearly a year ago and for some unknown reason paid triple postage for them. So with the cards I sent him a $25 personal check for the amount he overpaid and to this day he still hasn't cashed it. I'm now certain this was his sneaky way of getting my autograph and that's why he's holding on to the check. imageimage
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Sounds like you've figured him out, Dude!

I'll have to keep that in mind if he wins anything from me! NOBODY GETS MY AUTOGRAPH, FINGERPRINTS OR DNA for that matter!

Frank B
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options

<< <i>He bought several high dollar cards from me nearly a year ago and for some unknown reason paid triple postage for them. So with the cards I sent him a $25 personal check for the amount he overpaid and to this day he still hasn't cashed it. I'm now certain this was his sneaky way of getting my autograph and that's why he's holding on to the check. imageimage >>

He fealt he under paid for the cards so he threw a little more in to make it fairer for you.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    obviously he is not short on cash, just short on common sense.

i guess his poor business decisions on baseball cards is better than the strippers, drugs, fire arms and dog fighting like his nfl and nba brethren do with their excess cash.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>He probably bought it looking for a bump. When he didn't bump, it ditched it. I doubt that guy will ever be short on cash. >>

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe he also owns the only 1955 Topps Clemente PSA 10.

I'd love to watch that auction.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    He got divorced a few years ago, so he had to give up a few of those dollars, but was allowed to keep his collection.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He got divorced a few years ago, so he had to give up a few of those dollars, but was allowed to keep his collection. >>

Or knew Bernie Madoff
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    what's wrong with Bernie Madoff? He's my pal and advisor, although I haven't heard from him in a couple weeks.
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    I will say this. At last year's National, Dimitri's collection of PSA 10 and PSA 9 baseball rookie cards was on display and it was quite the collection to view. I was so proud that we both had one card in common in our collections, a PSA 10 Craig Biggio RC. Living in Michigan, several times I talked with people who knew of the buyer that Dimitri used to purchase much of his collection while he was playing for the Tigers. So I don't know how much time he personally spent making the deals for the cards he purchased or for that matter his personal involvement in selling some of his collection. But it can be said he owns many of the best copies available for most of the major HOF RC's of the last 60-70 years. It would be interesting to find out if he makes or loses $$$ during the selling process he appears to be undertaking with some of his collection.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    The only thing I know of Dimitri is that he's having issues with his back right now. I guess he just had an MRI that came back negative, but there's still no timetable for his return.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies