Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1997 Donruss Signatures: received N9. Why?

I recently submitted two of these through a friend. They came back N9: NOT GRADED NEEDS PSA/DNA, NO GRADE VOUCHER. My question is, why? It is an official signature set. Does PSA not recognize this set as official autographs because there isn't a certified sticker/holo on back?

For those that don't know what the set looks like, here are examples of some Butlers I have:

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Auto cards from packs prior to 1998 needs to go through PSA/DNA. An arbirary cut-off. I would love them to move that back at least a year for sets like that one and the UD Legends football.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily...

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    K: That example specifically says PSA/DNA Certified.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    1997 UD Legends football is one of the reasons the cutoff is 1998. Donnie Shell's wife signed a significant percentage of his cards, though he signed the majority.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    email joe and find out. the psa spec department is sometimes lacking in the knowledege. i had a problem with a sid luckman ud legendary cuts sig card that they said they would slab because it was a factory misprint. the spec department insisted that it needed a number out of on the card. the problem...even though the print numbers of that year are known they werent hand numbered on the card. i sent scans of my other cards from that same insert set that psa has slabbed as well as cards from other collectors psa sets. joe had me send the card to his attention and he had it graded and slabbed free of charge...i got to keep the voucher that they had sent back to me. so give joe an email. make sure you can track down other cards in that series that psa has already graded and slabbed as extra ammo.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's