Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wavy Gravy?

Does this Mays look OK to you? Right edge looks a little wavy to me. Maybe both. And short t/b?
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• I would continue looking. The right edge and top left border (appears to slant down as you get closer to the corner) do not look right.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yeah Mike, the right edge does look a little strange. Where Willie's white uniform sleeve ends ... from there going down a little bit ... it looks like the card is a little short. Now if this was a raw card I would say it was the scanner. However, I would think that since it's slabbed it's not the scanner.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I was pretty excited about this card at first glance. Too bad.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    I think you can see it better on the backside pic
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    mike.. maybe I am crazy.. but I looked that thing up and down and it look ok to me
    I am going to pass on bidding. I think it may go to $700+, so I'd rather be sure.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I had a crazy nice 7.. I proly shoulda cracked it..
    thought it was an 8.. sold it for $300
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I think they need to get a new scanner, the SLAB looks kinda wavy too. The card is probably fine.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
    I'd have snapped up a nice 7 for $300 all day long.

That buyer either got a steal @ $430 or got hosed big time. That Mays is tough to find clean - no smudge, no black line.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I think the card was clean. The buyer got a nice deal.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I thought it looked ok. Not a bad deal at that price. T/B centering keeps it out of an 8 holder, but overall a really nice card.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items