Home Precious Metals
Options

Are they trying to kill the gold market, and do you think they can do it?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
It seems so obvious to me that a market in gold works against those in government and against the international banking cartel in their attempts to control and direct human behavior to their advantage.

It follows then, that governments and the international banking cartel would try to discredit and destroy any markets in gold - to make their job of currency manipuation and market manipulation easier.

Do you agree that is what's happening, and do you think that they will win?
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    No, and No.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that instead of trying to destroy it......

A better idea would be for those who have access to information and capital to make money within it's trading cycles. That is my goal and at times I even get a little lucky. To think what I might do if I had any brains, info or capital.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    No and no. If they wanted to do it, they would have long ago. It is easy enough to create rumors about new mines, and fabricate some kind of synthetic gold that is good enough to pass muster for the know-nothings that only trade paper instead of hard stuff. It wouldn't be hard. Create an exchange traded fund fill it with fake gold, crater it, bankrupt all the real gold mines, buy them all up with government money in other hidden accounts and voila, the government has rights to virtually all the gold.

Only a few people would need to be in on the story, and the price of gold could be cratered 90% in a couple of years. All the gold mining stocks could then be bought for near nothing before the truth came out, and anyone knowing the truth would likely conveniently have a car accident or a plane accident. I thought of this plot in the time I took to type it. If you think that CIA spooks who play intelligence games for a living can't think of similar plots that are a hundred times as effective, and a hundred times harder to unravel you are fooling yourself.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    the they, are always tring to screw things up.

Even though this board has a unique perspective, to say the least, I believe you are correct that there will always be attempts to influence markest and as usual those attempts will fail miserably overtime.

Governments wish they could control the currency markets or stock market but they can't. Gold is a much smaller market and certainly in the short term, could be manipulated to a degree, but probably not for long. Personally I think Gold is overvalued vs other commodities metals and natural resources, so maybe it's being artificially bouyed by speculators and armegeddon enthusiasts so I don't think it's clear that gold is being manipulated to the downside, plus Glenn Beck and Cramer both like Gold, so how could the they, go aginst them.image
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manipulation is focused on the dollar itself, as that is where the government has the utmost control.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Govt's will continue to manipulate currencies until they kill those. The real end game is to end up with all the gold and key natural resources.

I suspect the shareholders of the major banks as well as other world powers are doing what they can to kill off the financial competion (weaker banks and nations), accumulate gold and cheap miners on the side during periods of major weakness (that they cause). The final result is to own as much of the miners as possible and as much of the precious metals as they can. By that time currencies will be toast. Those that owns the resources wins.

As Sinclair says, the winners in the gold game will be the very people that are cyclically manipulating it in order to acquire it as cheaply as possible while keeping the volatility hot enough to keep the sheeple away. My guess is that he is refering to the bankers and the various powers behind them. It may seem ironic that these guys may look like they are "killing" the gold market at times, but it's just part of the long term plan to end up with a bigger share and very few will have ever caught on.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold