Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Recent Kennedy Half Sale Question

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
I was perusing the DLRC site and came across this Kennedy Half which recently sold in a DLRC Auction.

Larger

Can anybody figure out why this sold for $201.25?
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Maybe someone recognized it as an SMS?
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    They only give me 4's for coins that look like that. Silver stuff is hot maybe silver eagle crossover newbies?
  • Options

<< <i>image

Maybe someone recognized it as an SMS? >>

I suppose it could be possible but I would expect an MS66 SMS to have a bit better presentation!

That "doo-dah" above his ear also has me wondering about the MS66 grade? I suppose it could be on the slab but it sure looks like a dimple.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    It takes two people to bid up the price that high not just one newbie
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    zmaybe there was a reserve at $200 or shill bidding? 2 people wanting that coin would surely be surprising as it's worth about $50 if it were properly graded.
  • Options
    I was hoping that somebody would say........."Well Yeah ya Dink! Thats a rare xxxx type DDO-xxx thats a bargain at $200!"

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Maybe someone recognized it as an SMS? >>

It's not an SMS

<< <i>I was hoping that somebody would say........."Well Yeah ya Dink! Thats a rare xxxx type DDO-xxx thats a bargain at $200!" >>

It's not the FS-102, or the FS-801. Looking at the enlarged photos on DLRC's site, I don't see any doubling on either the obverse or reverse.
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

When I suggested that it may have been recognized as an SMS,

I wuz being facetious! Who really knows why?