Home Precious Metals
Options

Good deal on the bay

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
Dude is selling a 1g gold credit suisse for $39 with free shipping, with the MSlive cashback you can have it for under $36. The cheapest Apmex has for any 1g bar is $39.24 +shipping. I don't know the seller or have any connection to the bar.

LINK

Comments

• Options
    Does sound like a great deal the 1gram are just so small but good price
  • Options

<< <i>Dude is selling a 1g gold credit suisse for $39 with free shipping, with the MSlive cashback you can have it for under $36. The cheapest Apmex has for any 1g bar is $39.24 +shipping. I don't know the seller or have any connection to the bar.

LINK >>

There are 31.10 grams to a troy oz. so if you converted and and raised the weight to one ounce, it would equal $1212.90 +S/H for 1 oz. @ $39 per gram. That seems like too large premium for bullion IMO, unless you are considering buying only a very small amounts, or want to give them as gifts. Personally I would save until I could buy an oz or better.

With your cashback ie $36 per gram, it would add up to $1119.60 per oz, still a bit high over spot.
  • Options
    There is always one to state the obvious
    Its all relative
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone here fully understands that the larger the size of bullion you buy, typically, the smaller the premium. We also know that the 1g gold bars have a significant premium. With that premium factored in it was a very good price in the auction. The auction price would not have been a good price if you were looking to buy 1g gold bars at melt...if that's your goal...good luck with that. image
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My good deal on ebay (yesterday). $5 Jamestown gold proof commem in a NGC holder was $225.40 after MSN Cashback. Value of gold (with spot bouncing around $925) was $223.66. MSN cashback was instant. image
  • Options

<< <i>Everyone here fully understands that the larger the size of bullion you buy, typically, the smaller the premium. We also know that the 1g gold bars have a significant premium. With that premium factored in it was a very good price in the auction. The auction price would not have been a good price if you were looking to buy 1g gold bars at melt...if that's your goal...good luck with that. image >>

image I certainly wouldn't discourage anybody if they needed this particular size. Fabrication costs are probably just about the same for 1g and 1oz, the buy can't get away from that, unfortunately. I guess if you times the cost 31:1 it's acceptable. Really depends on the buyers needs.