Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Check out these Walkers!

Now that's impressive!

Really makes me feel insignificant. image

-Keith H

Comments

• I bet the 1938 D slot will go up to the next grade with in a year. There are 179 graded higher.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Nice set.

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I'm impressed!!!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Sounds like great coins, too bad no pics.

I wonder how many great sets are out there that aren't registered?
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    I just registered a partial set in the Walker Short Set. After looking at those, it kinda makes me want to spend the money I was going to use to finish the set on something else.

Very, very, very nice.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I'll bet that's a beautiful set, and hardly one that could be put together overnight. It represents a lot of time, effort, and money, and the owner must be very proud of it.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Wow! Guess I will just quit collecting now...
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

Kevin
  • Oh snap, I think it's frusterating yet kind of cool when one of these just comes out all of the sudden. Guess it's that much more you have to strive for.
  • Whoa!! What a killer set. Those early date high grade coins are almost impossible to find and painful to pay for. Maybe they will image some of the tougher dates.

I just saved a fortune by not having to compete with a set of that caliber.

Welcome to the registry Ally.
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • MastaHanky,

Look for this to happen a lot. I would guess that most of the "great" sets are waiting still to be registered because the owners don't know about the Registry or don't care to register their sets.

Keith
    Keith ™

• STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    now that is a set wow!!!! to have a 21-p and 21-d in ms 66 woow impressive!!!!!!
    and his short set(1941-1947) has to be number also wow just a fantastic set
    my hats off to you
    but will still not stop me from trying to complete the same set were all my coins will be ms just not as high grades
    thats my goal
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Really makes me feel insignificant"

In the mid-1980s, I remember walking around the Long Beach show (dreamy-eyed) starring at all the generic Morgans and Walkers being offered as "rare coins" in MS65 grade and better. I, of course, wanted the MS66, MS67 coins, but could hardly afford the MS64's!! I wanted to have a top set of coins and realized at that time, it had to be in a segment of the market that essentially no one cared about - hence, I started my Finest Known Mint State silver Roosevelt Dime collection that was ultimately registered #1 in the 1999 PCGS Registry Book. At the same time, I collected all the Wash Quarters, Franklin Halves, Jefferson Nickels that came in those same Mint Sets from which I pulled out my dimes and decided to complete those sets as well.

Today, when I look at a set like these incredible Walkers, the first thing that comes to my mind is what sets are being overlooked today that will be the star sets of tomorrow! image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Mitch:

What do you think is being overlooked today? I would nominate any 1/2 cents, lib nickels, and 3c Nickels.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg: Your thoughts on those sets are certainly logical imho. But, another factor that I believe plays into finding the "overlooked" sets is the fact that a decent % of the potential collectors that will come later to "step up" and buy into the series as prices rise actually lived a portion of their life with the coins either in change or otherwise available from the mint. Hence, the recent popularity of Ikes, which at this point are certainly not "overlooked" but were a few years ago. Jefferson nickels a couple years ago was also "natural" play using my criteria. I've also been commenting for the past several months to the collectors I speak with that BTW and Wash Carver Commem pieces would also appear to me to be an interesting play at this time. As always, no" investment advice" from me here, but I can tell you that I am personally pursuing collections of both BTW and W/C coins at this time. And, I won't spend any time commenting on pre-1999 Wash quarters, as it could be viewed as "self-serving" as I've been buying those up for years as most people familiar with these boards probably know. No question, a few years ago Wash quarters had been "overlooked". image Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.