Home Stamps Forum
Options

humdedumdedum.....

coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
Just seeing if anyone is awake... or is this hobby as dead as it seems to be?

Comments

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hobby is not dead. It's just this particular stamp forum is not heavily trafficked. I know of another stamp forum I frequent that has gazillions of posts.
  • Options
    What is it?
  • Options
    LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    Ernie...what site is that? I'd like to go where there is active participation.

Lou
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I'd like to know too. Where can I go to find more than a few posts a week?

Matt
  • Options
    No kidding!
  • Options
    coverscovers Posts: 624
    Depends on what you are looking for really.

There is the Virtual Stamp Chat which includes a lot about First day covers, APS politics, and misc. here
    There is ebay stamp chat board which is a mixed bag of US & Foreign topics. here
    There is my board which is mostly US postal history with some stamp chat
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Thanks Richard!
  • Options
    I would add www.stampboards.com to the list. Gets a lot of traffic. Be aware that, since it is an Australian-hosted board, that it tends to be more British Commonwealth focused, although they welcome discussion of all philatelic subjects.
  • Options
    watch out for spam - posted once in response to a direct question and still spammed 2 years later.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options

<< <i>watch out for spam - posted once in response to a direct question and still spammed 2 years later. >>

Are you talking about Glen's retail/specials email? I get an email maybe once a month, but that's it. Nothing from anyone else. Since he owns and foots the bill for the board, I don't find that unreasonable or invasive. Furthermore, you can disable board emails by simply editing your user profile.

I would sooner tolerate one email a month than dealing with the visual spam-ridden interface that infests the Delphi forum. That crap just gets in your way every time you visit the board.
  • Options
    Coinpictures - I have had a board for several years and have never felt compelled to send a single email mass-mailing. I guess I have a low threshold for spam - actually would rather ignore ads than delete spam.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com