Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is anyone still waiting on their January Subs

I submitted my sub the last week of January and had two of them back within a week, but I am still waiting on the third one. Has anyone else had this problem?

Rob

Looking for:
Heisman Rookies
Heisman Collection set singles
Eddie George PSA rookies

Comments

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Yup. There's a thread on the main forum tracking the January subs. I have 1 still out there.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    still waiting.........................
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Yes, I sent in 200+ Dale Murphy cards -- received by PSA on January 21.
  • Options
    No but my Feb. sub just popped - Received 3/03/09 Shipped 3/10/09
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    still waiting for 3 that logged in early Feb.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Funny you should ask...

I called PSA about why I havn't seen my Jan Special sub pop yet. They told me that they never recieved one! After having a mild stroke, and then verbally crucifying the chic I was talking to on the phone I hung up and went down to have a loooooooong talk to the manager at my local post office. I actually still had the reciept for the 2 boxes I submitted, which was actually a life saver, because he was able to show me that they had been recieved on Feb 4th by PSA! I decided not to call back because I felt that another ear raping would be unnecessary, since that customer service chic has nothing to do with this issue and probably wouldn't be able to help me again anyway. So I decided to email a novel to them vivedly expressing my displeasure. I got back a reply last Friday saying, "Thank You for your continued service blah blah blah... valued customer blah blah blah... looking into the situation." I'm not very happy about this and have yet to hear back from them again.
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    still waiting on 1 from 1/29. the other 2 subs from 1/29 popped on 2/3....weird
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I also have a sub logged in January still waiting.
    Some friendly advice,
    PSA can put whatever time frame they want on subs, but ANYTHING that takes 45 days is way too long IMO. If subs take that long, they should hire and train more graders to keep orders moving through quicker. Since they recently raised their submission prices, I think they should be able to do this.
    The most frustrating part of the sub process is the lack of information along the way. Once the sub is entered, it disappears and no one can tell you how far along it is, which stage it has cleared, what number it is in the spooler, whatever.
    PSA should work on a system that lets the customer track it internally.
    They should also work on a system that promotes consistency. "First in, first out" is not always the case. I've had several orders logged and graded while I was still waiting on others.
    They need to step back and take some looks at how to improve their operations from a customer's point of view. Greater consistency and faster turnaround times would make them more profitable in the long run, win-win.
  • Options
    no the most frustrating part is waiting the 45 days only to find out that they on average mis-label about 10-15% of my cards. of course those subs are sent out right quick back to me. which means that i have to send them back for mechanical errors.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    It is all a puzzle to me. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to which sub is grader first, second, third, etc. As noted above, it would be great if this site could give us more detailed information as to where our orders are in the process. Though it has never been explained to me, I would also like to hear from PSA how you decide which order gets graded first within a particular service level. I hate to say it, but I get the impression that the graders can select which ever order they want, and in the order they want, within a particular service level. I cannot say that is true for a fact, but that is the impression I have been left with over the years from submitting (and I have submitted cards since 1998) is that is exactly the case. I think PSA could lessen a lot of customer questions, and wipe away many of these types of threads, by giving us more details on the process including how orders are prioritized.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on my DECEMBER sub. I emailed today and asked them to just send the cards back. Waiting for a response, I figure I should hear back by July.
  • Options
    BigZBigZ Posts: 78
    I have never had this problem before, usually I get everything back within the first couple of weeks. It is strange that the sub that is held up was the easiest of the three sent in.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Waiting.................
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    ZBobZBob Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I Would Think That The Big Thing That Started This Is When PSA/DNA Registry Was Started.PSA Card Graders Are On Vacation Or On STRIKE? Or Have They Just Moved On? They Need More Money?
  • Options

<< <i>Waiting................. >>

Still

Go Phillies
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    1/26 - Waiting
  • Options
    I think it really depends on the size of the order. Less than 10 regular cards usually pretty fast, 50+ takes a while. The fastest turn-around I ever got was on my free submissions for signing up. I also think the older the cards, the faster PSA grades. 1950s and older (like T206) gets graded pretty fast. Packs, oversized cards, and PSA/DNA, you can pretty much forget about it and just expect a big suprise in the mail in a couple months.
  • Options
    well here is one that blows your theroy farmkidd. i have three at psa right now all logged in with in 24 hours in early Feb under the Jan special. I am waiting on all 3. One is a 200 card sub...the other two are 10 card subs. All modern (90's to present). I just hope that I get them back in time to get them added to my Favre master set before the deadline. If so I might get over the 1000 card mark which would qualify me for an award this year. But if it takes much longer I dont see how the other cards that will need to be added to the set will get in the set by then. I have about 30 already that are waiting to be added most of those have been waiting since before December.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    My final sub finally popped, and I was pretty happy with the grades, I would gladly wait that long for the grades I got.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options

Go Phillies
  • Options
    congrats. maybe they will get to mine soon. i want to be able to add them to my master set and request additions for the others before the registry deadline comes. but i think i will be out of luck on that one.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting here...had one get there late January and not logged til Feb 6th! Still haven't seen anything. Called CS and they said it can take up to 45 business days.
  • Options
    At 29 business days

Total Items: 53
    Date Received: 2/10/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed.

Go Phillies
  • Options
    STILL waiting....this stinks!!
  • Options
    still waiting here too.

10 cards on 2/10
    10 cards on 2/11
    206 cards on 2/11

hope they pop so i can add them to my Favre set before the deadline!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Wow this is not looking good for anyone since the new special is bound to attract alot of subs, I know I will have at least 3.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    BigZ,
    I agree, $4.50 seems like a realy good deal. I am going to submit about 70+ thick memorabilia cards, If I am lucky they might be back by Thanksgiving. The good thing is they are all from the same set so the grader doesn't have to do authentification research on different sets. I might also put together a regular thin card submission, I have 19 for sure (my PC), I bet I can scrape up another 6 that I could flip on ebay for $5-$10 to recoup slabbing costs.

What makes submissions take longer?
    1. Card Type (Autograph Authentication, Oversized)
    2. Submission Size (More cards = more time especially submissions over 50)
    3. Card variety (worse when different generations are mixed, i.e. T206 + 1956 Topps + 1989 UD)
    4. Submission Special (better the deal, then they really get bogged down)

What other insights do people have?
  • Options
    I am so freakin' sick of this...checked again today when I got home from work thinking this would be the day.....and still nuthin!! First it took over a week for them to log my order in after it was already there (they show Feb 6). And now the wait continues while orders from March pop daily!!! These cards were sent in over two months ago. Why is there not rhyme or reason in which order they grade submissions???!!
  • Options
    at 39 business days........

Go Phillies
  • Options
    I have been checking first thing in the morning, as they seem to post the graded info for march subs sometime between 1-4 am EST

Go Phillies
  • Options
    37 Days...............and counting!!!!
    Collector of 71 Kelloggs Football and Unitas cards.
  • Options
    Still nuthin!! 41 days and counting!
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Yes. One still out, and the crazy thing is, I've gotten back March submissions already. I guess the monkeys with the dart boards are working overtime....
  • Options
    another week still waiting.

plus waiting on a march special and bulk ticket order. so to be waiting on an april special
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Well, the nightly ritual of checking my order status has yet again come up empty! Now the order has been there over two months!!! REALLY wish they processed orders in the order received....I imagine April submissions will start popping before my January submission pops!
  • Options
    The usual...checked tonite and still no grades! This stinks when the cards were in their hands in January!!
  • Options
    well nearly 2 calendar months now...that about when my subs from psa on specials normal pop. we will see how much longer it takes.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Still the same here...over two months and still waiting. Just checked a lunchtime and nothing. Maybe by the end of the day!??
  • Options
    Yup..Just checked tonite, still no poppage. Now 45 business days and over 2 calendar months.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    wow that is a long time to wait. I never understood why they didnt go to a first in first out.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    the answer is simple. they dont care that others get their subs graded faster. they say a rough turn around time...but no garrantee. plus they have your $$$ the whole time.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    STILL waiting......image
  • Options
    still nothing here either. but noticed on the shared view orders page that some subs from 2/10 and 2/11 popped last week. well maybe mine will be soon. dont think that they are close to the magic day number anyway. but what will be interesting will be how many mechanical errors that I get.

here were my last two...from a 3 card order btw.

is that great QC??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>image

is that great QC?? >>

nice...... what happen to the card between them? #14773335 no label?

Go Phillies
  • Options
    that one was correct!!! i mean 1 out of 3 aint bad. thats a big league hitter!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Received at PSA 2/5, still waiting...........................image
  • Options
    king,

i would give them a call and complain at this point in time. they say turn around time varies with demand...but peoples April specials are popping. these are basically the same specials...maybe you should ask for aprils price instead.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I agree. There could be something holding up your order? Incomplete information, no declared value, etc?
    It's been over 45 days, right?
  • Options
    one of my three popped. a 10 card patch order logged in on 2/11. still waiting for a 10 card tall boy logged on 2/10 and 206 regular card logged in on 2/11. i am starting to see the light.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    My 2/5 order finally popped today. Grades were OK, but not worth the wait. I am planning on sending an order on the April special soon. I hope it is quicker than the January special.image