Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Basketball HOF rookies set

Hello everyone,

I am working on my Hall of Fame rookie set and I thought it would be a good idea to be ahead of the curve and buy the cards of some of the players that will become HOFamers within the next 4 years. I would like to know who you guys think will be the future inductees. We know Jordan and Malone will be included. What do you guys think of Chris Mullin? All help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    John Stockton, David Robinson and Reggie Miller are also locks who are eligible soon. Also go for Pippen, Payton, Mullin and D. Johnson.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you two guys hook up? hope so.
    I'm not so sure on mullin..I think he is borderline. I do thnk DJ has been overlooked way to long.
    What do you guys think of alonzo mourning? will he get a maurice stokes treatment of what couldabeen.

Of the guys playing now.....who is headed to the HOF ? certainly Kobe, Shag, Lebron
    Notwitski, nash, ......
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Of the guys playing now.....who is headed to the HOF ? certainly Kobe, Shag, Lebron >>

Shag's going to be a HOF'er? Andy, what is your best rookie card??

But seriously.....Read through This thread and you will see all the future HOF'ers listed.

In alphabetical order

Bryant, Kobe
    Duncan, Tim
    Ewing, Patrick
    Garnett, Kevin
    Iverson, Allen
    Johnson, Dennis
    Jordan, Michael
    Kidd, Jason
    Malone, Karl
    McGrady, Tracy
    Miller, Reggie
    Nash, Steve
    Nowitski, Dirk
    Olajuwan, Akeem
    O'neal, Shaquille
    Payton, Gary
    Pippen, Scottie
    Robinson, David
    Stockton, John

And these are the other players

Allen, Ray
    Carter, Vince
    Cheeks, Maurice
    Cooper, Cynthia
    Davis, Walter
    Divac, Vlade
    Gilmore, Artis
    Guerin, Rich
    Haywood, Spencer
    Hill, Grant
    Holdsclaw, Chamique
    Johnson, Gus
    Jones, Bobby
    King, Bernard
    Lambier, Bill
    Leslie, Lisa
    Montcrief, Sidney
    Mullin, Chris
    Mutumbo, Dikembe
    Pierce, Paul
    Richmond, Mitch
    Rodman, Dennis
    Sabonis, Arvidas
    Sampson, Ralph
    Staley, Dawn
    Swoopes, Sheryl
    Walker, Chet
    Webber, Chris
    Wallace, Rasheed
    White, Jo Jo

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    dave
    shag....you caught that...nice

dave is an expert as he has a nice BK collection himself.
    isn't ewing already in though

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Ewing is already in the Hall.

In my opinion Mourning's chances are small. The voters would really have to love his college career.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    take McGrady off the first list... he is sulking and losing his way out of the hof.

I'd add LeBron to that first list, though.

Pierce might go on that first list, too.

One guy that will be interesting to see in a few years is Tony Parker. He has 3 rings already I think at 27 years old. 3x all star, one finals MVP. If he wins 1 or 2 more titles, how can you leave him out? His scoring keeps increasing every year, too.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    racer - I checked out your set. Wow! You have some great cards.
  • Options
    Thanks Aro13. I really enjoy the HOF rookies set and with the help of some fellow collectors here from the board I have been able to pugether a nice set so far. Hopefully one day it will be complete. Yo have a very nice set as well. I guess we will be fighting against each other when the next Lopchick shows up on ebay...lol.
  • Options
    Hey Dave,

Thank you for the link of the HOF rookie set. I couldn't find it or I would have reply there instead of starting a new thread. Whathever happened to the Future HOF rookies set? Did you guys submit it? That will be avery cool set to put together.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I know I'm a C's fan, but Pierce is now a lock HOFer. Maybe not first ballot but he'll definitely be in at some point.

Finals MVP on a title team

He has 18,000+ points right now and won't finish playing for 5-6 years. He should wind up in the top 25 in all time points scored with averages of 22/6/4 or so. Finished in the top 5 in the league in points and free throws made several times.

Durable

The writers love him

Unfortunately he's way better in person than on TV. If you see him play basketball in person I gaurantee you'd come away very impressed. Great mind for the game.

• Options
    I bought this card with the intention of flipping it because the BIN was a steal and the centering is just dead on. But then it came in the mail and it's even nicer in person. I mean the corners are 10ish. Not sure why it didn't at least get a 9, but I'm happy to have possibly the nicest 8 going image

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    shagrotn77 - Awesome West! I have seen very very few that look that nice.
  • Options
    Beautiful West Shag. When did you get this card? Getting back to topic, I think Michael Jordan is a little iffy for the HOF. I mean he did suck at his attempt to play baseball and his last two years in Washington were just an embarassment. Considering those two factors I say keep him out. Also, didn't he get divorsed for cheating on his wife? I mean come on.
  • Options
    Got the West less than 2 weeks ago on eBay.