Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Redskinsland, USA?

i recently received what looks like an old woven dormat that looks somewhat old. ill attach a pic. im just wondering if anyone knows a little history on it. i tried a quick search online and didnt have any luck. i appreciate any info, thanks! GO SKINS!!

Comments

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    That's pretty cool. image

I have no info but welcome to the boards.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Andrew,

No info here either, but great looking piece!

Welcome to the boards image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Always good to see someone else who loves the burgundy and gold.
  • Options
    I think I just fell in love. That is a gorgeous piece!!!!

Hail to the Redskins
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Very nice...Welcome to the Boards
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    I had the same rug hanging on my wall when I was a kid (probably around 1979-ish in Fairfax County, Virginia?). Although, it didn't say "Redskinsland" .... I believe it said "Washington Redskins." The graphic was the exact same as yours though, and they're definitely related items. I've been sitting here trying to remember where I got it from, but I'm coming up empty.

I want to say it was a prize from either a school sponsored contest or maybe for selling raffle tickets for the Boys Club Football team?

I keep thinking I won it somehow? Perhaps a local Carnival prize?

I don't know? .... If my memory kicks in any better I'll let you know.

Nice piece of Redskins history though!!

Hail to Free Agency!

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! its good to at least have a rough idea of the decade it came from.
  • Options
    Heres a pic of a poster i got from the same client. if only the skins could get back to the good ol days. oh yeah that wont happen as long as snyder ownes the team. enjoy!
  • Options
    bump