Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Stork's Darkside "Pass It On" Giveway-Newest Winner in first post!

Received an interesting box today, give me some time and I'll elaborate on what I chose to keep and what is being passed on.

In the meantime, let me know why you think you should be the next one to receive these treasures...image

And the winner is...Deepsix! Congratulations and please PM me your address.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool, but do you really want to have your address and the sender's address out there for all to see?
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Yeah sorry for the delay... I haven't exactly had the best couple of weeks here lately... Hope you enjoy and find something you can use...
    Todd
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool, but do you really want to have your address and the sender's address out there for all to see?

Hmmm, you're right-image deleted.
    I didn't mind.. if anyone comes to my house with nefarious ideas....well.... let's just say they won't get far with them!!!! image
    Todd
  • dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Received an interesting box today, give me some time and I'll elaborate on what I chose to keep and what is being passed on.

In the meantime, let me know why you think you should be the next one to receive these treasures...image >>

Because I have an appriciation for darkside coins. image
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • The reason you should send it to me is because my bulk order of darkside coins I ordered hasn't arrived yet and I need to get my fix before I go insane.
  • olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Winter is almost over here and I will be using my time for my other hobbies, so I need to see this box NOW, before I get tied up with other things. I think this is a great idea and hope that the thread continues. A great idea for everyone to get something he or she doesn't have and give the opportunity to pass on our duplicates to others. By the way-=what did you get to keep from the box?
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>By the way-=what did you get to keep from the box? >>

I'd like to know too---I recognize some of those flips but the 2x2s weren't there in the beginning image.

Oh, and don't enter my name just yet imageimageimage. Maybe later...

Hmm, I didn't think too hard about what would happen once interest waned. Well, maybe who is left holding in the end can think of something.

I wonder how long before there is a 100% turnover???

Cathy

This evening after work I will do some imaging.

In the meantime, declare your intentions...image
  • I would very much like to be included, but deserve it no more than anyone else.

Chris

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

Those Canadian Beavers are some of my fav coins from Canada. I tried to pull some of the best ones I had for the box. I did put some French coins in there for ya that you may not have had, nothing spectacular though. The Canadian Dollar was a nice last minute add.... can't remember what else I put in there.... Regardless, I hope you like them!
    Todd
    Hi folks, didn't mean to leave anyone in the lurch but medical circumstances arose following an MRI for numbness in one of my extremities which necessitated surgery for a pinched nerve. By the time I was ambulatory again I knew this had to be the first business I got to.

I'm taking an Albanian, Czech and 2 Japanese coins and adding 18 coins from a variety of countries, some pictured. A couple of days for additional members to sign up if they wish a chance and then I'll forward it on to the winner.

• I'm also tossing my hat into the ring for this round. I have some nice darkside material that is outside my primary collecting interest and this looks to be an excellent opportunity to distribute it in a fun way.
    Ok-we are up and running again. Hope your illness wasn't anything serious. Now for a question. Do each of us have to ask for a chance at the box each time someone wins it? What is the protocal on this? If we do-then count me in for the next chance.
    Olmanjon
    Do each of us have to ask for a chance at the box each time someone wins it?

I had assumed that would be the case. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My four year old daughter would love to have them, because she loves all money - the more the better! What is mine is hers, what is yours is hers, and what is hers is hers.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you are feeling better, and the surgery went well!

<< <i>I had assumed that would be the case. Does anyone have any suggestions? >>

The rules of the "Laurentyvan Version" of the giveaway are completely up to you. Make people post again, make a suprise anouncement for a winner from earlier posters, make people answer trivia-- image whatever you want.

I, for myself only, have placed a 10 round restriction on re-entering the giveaway--the coins should all be close to new by then--plus I'll have figured out more to add by then should I win.

As for the end??? I suppose when we've all had our fun and interest lags completely then there can be a final giveaway...but that will be up to whoever is holding the coins image. I suppose this is really more of a progressive, circularish, swap than anything else.

Cathy

Just remember... this is a pass-it-along giveaway.... meaning.. you don't get the whole pot unless you replace the whole pot!

TTT for tonight.

One last round to enter before I pick a winner tonight. We're having a birthday party for my now 8 year-old grandson and he will pick a name from a hat
    and I'll then post.

The four coins I'm picking are being replaced by (as of last count) about 20 others, nothing dramatic but I hope someone will find something they need.image
    Hi Deepsix, your name was chosen by my 8 year-old grandson (numbers on slips, out of a hat, during his B'day party) to receive the next forum give-away box, originated by Stork. You are (I believe) the third winner of this give-away box.

Your job is to receive the package, remove coins that appeal to you, and replace them with coins of equal (or greater) value than what you took.

Thanks for participating!image

Thanks to Stork for starting this give-away!image
    Congratulations Deep Six. This has got to be one of the best give-aways are ever participated in. Lots of interests and I think it will go on for some time.
    Olmanjon
  • Woohoo! Just got back from vacation yesterday and this was great news to come home to.

<< <i>Your job is to receive the package, remove coins that appeal to you, and replace them with coins of equal (or greater) value than what you took. >>

Will do. I'll post an update here once I receive the box and will do my best to turn it around quickly.

Thanks again to Stork for starting this and to the previous recipients for keeping it going. image
  • Sounds like fun! I have a bunch of questions: How do you determine value? (Fairly new to coins). And how does this work? Is paper money allowed? Thanks.