Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

SPRING COIN SWAP PAIRINGS ARE SET! LET'S HAVE A GOOD ONE.

**FRESH EDIT** Please see my latest post for up to the minute particulars!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*

I'll throw this out as though no one knows a thing about coin swaps.

Consider this NOTICE that we have a Coin Swap in the making.

All interested parties WILL FURNISH ME with verifiable personal contact information to be kept in the strictest confidence. Such information will NOT be made public except for EXTREMELY DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

People that have participated previously need NOT furnish information again unless your contact info HAS CHANGED or asked to do so, by me.

Anyone that is interested that has NOT furnished such info is REQUIRED to *ahem*, for rather obvious reasons!

The "Rules" are Basic & simple. {Feel free to pull up said "Rules & Regulations" from prior swaps and post them HERE to save me a ton of needless typing, OK?.}

I'll come back later and edit this post to relect - the rest of the details regarding Coin Swaps.

Eligibilty to participate is contingent upon your compliance and track record..... MY CALL.

I'll explain on the fly.

Experience swappers in Good Standing are free to help out with answers, rules etc - of course.image

Thank you.image

Comments

• YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    Do we need condoms?image

Boom, Pm with details if you may. George
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I think it is time to do one of these. Please let me know the rules. image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll swap somethin'. But, I want the short end of the stick this time image
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Well, it's time to participate in my first swap. Boom, PM me and let me know exactly what needs to be done.
    I'll come up with something, eventually.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Welcome all.

As seen in any and all prior swap there is mention of Common Sense Rules of Swapping. It's really very simple.

It's supposed to be fair and fun - an attempt to help promote the hobby itself as well as camraderie. Two people of like means are teamed together by me. There is much dialogue/ communication, coming to agreeable terms (simple works) and trading coins of a pre-determined agreed upon value.

Whether a $50-$100 surprise swap (OR MORE) to any agreed upon amount, the emphasis is on dialogue/ communication & fairness. The undue placing of ultimatums and or demands is to be reported to me immediately and will not be tolerated!

I screen would be swappers for legitimacy (thus the need for contact info {which serves several purposes} which is verified and kept by me in the swap folder (Each & every swapper has his or her OWN swap sheet {kept on record/ file, by me within the Main folder}. On this, I NEED real Name, address (not just a P.O. Box) telephone #, email address, areas of interest as a collector etc (Emergency contact # as well) - these ALL will be kept & verified by me - and help me to match people up better, IN THEORY, of course as I really have no way, short of web-cam, of physically "seeing" or sizing up who is who, except by how they conduct themselves within the swap atmosphere.

Fairness and compliance with what I endearingly term "The Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping" are Imperative. THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH OPEN DIALOGUE/ COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PARTNERS, agreeing on terms and amounts (as well as HOW these amounts/ "values" will be arrived at).

In the simplest of terms - swaps should take place as follows:

1- Truth in furnishing verifiable contact info.
    2- Being open (with me) about likes & dislikes as a collector.
    3- The ability to communicate and to come to terms with one's partner. It has been MY experience over the years that I have overseen these swaps that collectors generally fall into 1 of 2 categories (Givers and Takers) - pretty self explanatory, actually. It is my position that it is actually very gratifying TO GIVE as opposed to demand or to TAKE!.
    4- Be FAIR! If in doubt, add MORE! Be fair in every aspect of the swap process. The communication should continue throughout the swap till BOTH PARTIES have that final dialogue and openly tell one another if they are satisified OR NOT!

5- Once actual pairings are set, it is each swappers responsibility to communicate with and work with each others' swap-mate (I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THE IMPORTANCE OF FAIRNESS AND SIMPLICITY)

6- Once terms are reached and coins are sent (it is always a good idea to insure your coins {for obvious reasons} EACH IS TO COME BACK TO THE THREAD AND POST DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBERS THAT ARE TRACEABLE ONLINE BY ALL, SO THAT THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT!

7- From there on out it really IS a matter of common sense. Not very many "rules" at all, actually! The BIGGIE with me is Communication, fairness and posting the aforementioned #s and following up. as....

8- NO ONE is free to do anything with what is received till BOTH return to the thread and publicly declare their satisfaction. When this transpires, swaps are then deemed "Final" and then each is free to do what they wish with what is received.

9- If you are NOT happy - WORK IT OUT WITH YOUR PARTNER TILL EACH IS HAPPY!

This is a whole lot of typing to basically say what should be just plain Common Sense as well as Common Courtesy! Not difficult at all, if executed in the spirit of Fair Play. Problematic swappers will eventually be weeded out and no longer allowed to participate, for the Good of the Group!
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    If the swap is a week or two from now I should be able to join in.

I don't want any sticks though my wife carries all of those in this house.
  • I'll sign up. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Hi Boom,It has been a while since I have been in a swap and I am ready to give it a go,Please count me in image all info has been sent to you

Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Hey Boom

Hi all

I'll go for a lowball around 50 or so.....sign me up.

• eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    I'm in for a small one this time.

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'll be in for this go around.
  • So first day of spring is 3-20-09 which is 2 weeks from this friday.

Are we going to shoot for that?
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Boom,

I'd like in again.
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    OK! OK! OK!

BOOM, put the cattle prod away, I am in! imageimage

Seeing that most of my coins are out on the road in the coin tag, I might have to hit Ebay to satisfy my swap partner! image

TC71
    Good deal, Lucille! image

Put the weapon DOWN and step away from the vehicle. image

• << <i>OK! OK! OK!

BOOM, put the cattle prod away, I am in! imageimage

Seeing that most of my coins are out on the road in the coin tag, I might have to hit Ebay to satisfy my swap partner! image

TC71 >>

No Problem, if you have any raw stuff on hand. I'de be happy to partner up with you. Might be mostly mordern but I'm not hard to please. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

TTT
  • slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    This looks like it would be fun i'd like to petition for inclusion.
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Send me the necessary paperwork and I will fill it out in triplicateimage I have been following these for awhile and think I might enjoy the exercise and excitement of new friends and new coins.image
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
    OK - SO THAT ALL MAY KNOW.

I have sent this very PM to ALL new would be swappers. ABIDE BY IT!
    *********************************************************************************************************************************************

If you want to be considered for participation in our coin swaps you will need to PM me with the following:

Name
    Phone number
    email address
    eBay ID - references - names of members you know or have interacted with
    Collecting interests

This information is Mandatory. All who take part MUST FURNISH it & IT WILL BE VERIFIED BY ME prior to acceptance.

I pair people of like means as much as possible. One pairings are set, the swap is between the 2 participants and all activity is kept on record, by me.

Rules are very simple. Communication is PARAMOUNT as is agreeing on price basis and how much (value) is totally between the 2 members. Everyone MUST post Delivery Confirmation numbers to the actual coin swap thread so that any & every one may track online. It is very wise to INSURE your goods. Once the swappers are in receipt of one anothers' items they are to continue dialogue to MAKE SURE each is satisfied. NO ONE is free to "do" anything with what is received until BOTH parties publicly declare mutual satisfaction.

I look forward to your PM.

Regards,
    BOOM
  • Not sure if You allow new members ot get in on it but I would like to join
    PM sent. Thank you to those who have complied.

I will be in touch.

All the best,

BOOM image
    ATTENTION:
    Any & EVERYONE interested in particpating in this swap needs to
    PM me with your REQUIRED CONTACT INFO prior to being accepted!

THIS PERTAINS ONLY TO MEMBERS THAT HAVE NOT ALREADY PROVIDED SUCH CONTACT INFORMATION!

Deadline for entry alert. I may close the swap without prior warning -
    so, if you're coming aboard let's get the information to me ASAP.

Thank you.
    ttt
    All interested parties please sign up ASAP.

If you have not previously sent required contact info, please do so now!

Dealine has been posted.

Pairings to be set 03/21/09.

Thank you.
    OK. Here is what I presently have.

If you have signed up but DO NOT SEE your Nickname,
    If your Name has somehow been omitted, let me know ASAP.

If you have not yet supplied the required verifiable contact information -
    AGAIN, PLEASE DO SO ASAP

The current list is as follows:

EvilEmpire (APPROVED but pending release from Hospital) ... I have heard from her today as a result of my previous post (prior to this edit)
    *Maddy* I'll try to contact you because I am genuinely concerned about you. If your husband is able, please ask him to call
    me - to bring me up to speed regarding your Health! I pray that you are doing well and improving)**
    EDIT - I HAVE HEARD FROM HER AND SHE IS IMPROVING BUT STILL IS IN THE HOSPITAL! Her paricipation will therefore be set as *pending*
    GET WELL SOON, MADDY!

BOOM - APPROVED
    2sides2acoin - APPROVED (Pending)
    Musky1011 - APPROVED
    Walmann - APPROVED
    LonelyP - APPROVED
    Mojoman - APPROVED
    VirtualWon - APPROVED
    eyoung429 - APPROVED
    BigJohnD - APPROVED
    Aija - APPROVED
    TorinoCobra71 - APPROVED
    slinc - APPROVED
    rons - APPROVED
    MorganBarber - APPROVED

*******************************************************************************************************************************************
    Mach19 has elected to sit this one out! Thanks for the headsup Mach19!

YaHa is also APPROVED however I've NO IDEA of his whereabouts or the circumstances revolving around his availability - George - Drop me a PM, please
    NO WORD FROM YAHA YET!

As soon as I find out the status of EvilEmpire & YaHa, I will set the pairings MEANWHILE the Swap remains OPEN for now!

This, of course, means that if ANYONE ELSE wants IN - you still have a chance to sign up & to be considered!

Thank you.
    *******************************************************************************************************************************************

LATEST EDIT:
    As mentioned - EvilEmpire is Welcome however her status is still Hospitalized - Please keep her in your Prayers!

Mach19 sitting out

YaHa - No word from yet!

soty27 - sitting OUT

Heard from 2sides2acoin - APPROVED but awaiting final say!

MorganBarber is APPROVED and IN.

I WILL WAIT TILL SUNDAY TO SET THE PAIRINGS.

Best Wishes to ALL -

BOOM ~
  • morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Please let me play too!
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
    Of course. MorganBarber is APPROVED.

See edit above!
    The following are the pairings for the Spring Coin Swap:

Boom swaps with MorganBarber

Musky1011 swaps with 2sides2acoin

Walmann swaps with VirtuaWon

Mojoman swaps with lonelyp

eyoung429 swaps with rons

BigJohnD swaps with Aija

TorinoCobra71 swaps with slinc

Check here for pairings and PM one another.

From PM, if necessary, go to phone conversation to arrive
    at amount and terms (source of declared value)

Once terms are agreed upon and coins picked out -
    please mail using Delivery Confirmation and POST YOUR DC #'s HERE!

Keep it simple, NO UNREALISTIC DEMANDS - OK!

BE FLEXIBLE! Once items arrive return here & post that you are in receipt of items.

Communicate with one another and BE FAIR!

NO ONE is free to do anything with what is received till BOTH PARTIES publicly declare
    mutual satisfaction and that all is agreeable. Should there be problems - work them out
    or if necessary - return one anothers' coins. It's just that simple - OK! Have a good one.

soty27 is sitting out as is mach19 and YaHa.

Prayers go out to Evil Empire. She is still APPROVED and Welcome to participate when she
    feels well enough to do so.

That's a wrap. Let's do this!
  • PM sent.

You did say I could trade farm animals , didn't you ? image
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    PM sent to Rons
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    received and responded image
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Pm sent
  • Pm sent

Working out the details now.

<< <i>Pm sent >>

PM Returned!

TC

<< <i>You did say I could trade farm animals , didn't you ? image >>

I like farm animals

Just like my Maaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhm

PM returned

Reply PM sent.

<< <i>

I like farm animals

Just like my Maaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhm >>

REAL CHEESY there Jim.......... imageimage

TC

<< <i>

<< <i>

I like farm animals

Just like my Maaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhm >>

REAL CHEESY there Jim.......... imageimage

TC >>

LOLimage

• morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Negotiations, neshmotiations! I just shipped. DC 0309 0330 0000 7669 5670, INS 1308 0370 0001 5921 0420.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
    You guys are funny over here. I was thinkin' chicken, turkeys. Not sheep.
  • BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Ajia and I are working.
    Putting a package together now!

• << <i>PM sent. >>

we are talking image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • mojoman,

Is this something you would be interested in?

imageimage