Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Some sweet poppage SCANS ADDED

The Clemente came from the 72 OPC Rip, the 77 OPC Ryan was from a previous rip. The Kluszewski and Mantle were gifts from family members.

Clemente is now a Pop 2, with none higher.

1 1 14472730 MINT 9 1972 O-PEE-CHEE 310 ROBERTO CLEMENTE IN ACTION Card US
2 1 14472731 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1977 O-PEE-CHEE 65 NOLAN RYAN Card US
3 1 14472732 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1957 TOPPS 165 TED KLUSZEWSKI Card US
4 1 14472733 EXCELLENT 5 1960 TOPPS 493 DUKE SNIDER Card US
5 1 14472734 EXCELLENT 5 1969 TOPPS 500 MICKEY MANTLE LAST NAME IN YELLOW Card US

Comments

• tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    WOW!
    Congrats$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • nice work on the clemente, where did you buy it raw from?
    We are currently buying all vintage sets from 52-75 for baseball and football.
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Nice SUB!! The 57 KLUSZEWSKI is a cool card image

Big Hit on that Roberto congrats!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!!! NICE job on the Clemente!

sportscardshoppe, the Clemente came from the group rip we had on here a couple months ago.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I ripped the two packs from the group and a third from ebay. I hit (2) Clemente IA cards, this 9 and a 9OC.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    NICE
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    Thanks for the link, the McRae IA graded PSA 8, the rest are still raw.
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Wow - very nice!
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Rob,

Congrats on that Clemente! image

Overall sub looks nice too!

Side note: Who you pickin' to win the Jackson/Jardine fight this Saturday?

I have to go with Jackson, after that display he put on this past December when he pulverized Wanderlei Silva.

My son was able to get us tickets from one of his friend's brother who goes to Ohio State in Columbus, OH.

PoppaJ
    Poppa - I think it's going to be a good fight for sure, I'll give Jackson the edge as well. Enjoy your visit to Downtown Columbus (I'm about 60 miles north).
    I'd like to thank all for the kind words. If anyone has any idea how to put a value to this LMK (no VCP data). I don't sell on ebay so I'll probably list it here (on the B/S/T) in a few weeks.
    Rob,

There's a PSA 8 currently with a BIN/BO of $150.00 that you might want to keep tabs on for a little while just to see what it does.

I'm not sure if VCP has anything on a PSA 9 ... (somebody with VCP access will chime in I'm sure).

SMR for the Topps version in PSA 9 is $335 ... (not sure how accurate that is though!).

Only 10 '72 OPC Registry Set owners ... (not too much interest there with only 1 of the 10 @ 100% and the other 9 @ 18% or below).

There are currently 30 Roberto Clemente Master Registry Set owners that might be interested in an upgrade or addition ... (you could get a lucky lucrative bidding war going if you eBayed it.)

Who knows???

I wish you the best image

PoppaJ
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Way to go! That was a beauty raw, easy 9.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    scans added
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, I hope I have the same luck with the ONE card I subbed from the '72 OPC rip! image
    image ...

Almost as SWEET as Matt Hamill's nasty right head kick that knocked out Mark Munoz Saturday night image

PoppaJ