Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

well, now that they are over, how did everyone like the 2002 olympics?!?!

i watched a little bit of the olympics... however, i prefer the summer olympics more than the winter, so i wasn't too into them all that much this year... but what do u all think?
imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    There were some good stories like Sarah Hughes winning the figure skating and Jim Shea's winning the skelton and the US bobsledders medalling after 50+ years and Canada winning the men's and women's hockey gold medals.
    Refs: Chayne2, Nash, KG, Jorge, Patsfan925, MCDee2, Autographs, TopofOhio, Ahares, Batman34, Whitetornado, Clearandvalid, Runningman22, TrFstptch, glickman77, Brees9, Woodson24kg, vittleboy, Dpeters28 and more.

Ebay feedback: 4100+
  • Options
    Ileanred my lesson from hours of boredom from previous years. I didn't watch a seond of them.
  • Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236
    lol
  • Options
    Glad it is Over, nuff said..
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    would rather watch the primetime tv shows than olympics, missed my Law and Order
    WANTED:

ALL GOOD ROOKIE CARDS FROM ANY SPORT!!!

REF: DPSPORTS, SPEEDMASTER, nascar20, McDee(x2), Epag, Bradley25, Duncangal, Representcards, Drew(x2), Ahares(x2), Kenny(x2), 8kobe, jrrcrum, vittleboy, Remster, swides, robdemkis, LJMAYA, IversonMiles, BlackbirdXXX,RichyPF32
  • Options
    Had to be by far the WORST Olympics I ever saw. With all the teams complaining about bad judging and investigations...corruption has NO limits.

E!!
    LQQkin for ,Kobe, and Baron Davis & Kenyon Martin
    Ref's:
    Johnscottanthony*****
    Mpower
    AI3TheAnswer
    Sporto1633
    Duncangal
    THiTo
    Kenny**
    Baljit
    Ejones
    etc...etc..
  • Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236
    i agree... i have never liked any competition where u have another person decide the winner... judges are very corrupt and it takes alot of the fun out of the games... i enjoyed the events where the winner was decided based on facts...

but, don't me wrong, it's about time i see some new TV shows!!!! i have been waiting 2 weeks for the new episode of Friends... and yes, i would have much rather watched Friends than the olympics...
  • Options
    I really enjoyed them...with the exception of hte US not winning the Hockey Gold...

"Blame Canada"

j/k
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of the olympics. in fact, i wish they would make game used cards of the olympic athletes, i think that would be way cool.

The olympics are soo cool. they've always been a big part of our history, the politics between nations, etc. and Salt Lake did an amazing presentation of it. i also think the media did a good job in highlighting other countries' athletes and not just American athletes. I thought Atlanta games were overly focused on American athletes.
    I happen to really like the winter olympics. i love all types of skiing, ski jumping, even cross country very cool. and speed skating is the best. for sure the figure skating scandal made me want to puke.
    I think all of the controversies point to an unstable international political climate..........and it's a shame that there is apparently biased judging. they have to change the whole system. get more judges to eliminate freak errors, and make the judges from objective, non-participating countries.
    All in all though, Salt Lake was amazingly presented. Sarah Hughes stole the show. that was an amazing olympic moment. her coach was even more happy than Sarah was! She was practically orgasmic.
    So yeah, i thought the Olympics was amazing this year. American Athletes peformed great! and 99% were very gracious. I have never found Kwan's boohooing about not winning gold very attractive or gracious. Apollo Anton Ohno was a true sportsman. and kept saying that he was thrilled to be there, in great shape and prepared, and that that was what counted. not what color the freaking medal is. i have to honestly say i'm not sureif i was happier when Sarah Skated great or when Kwan fell! he he he! paul
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had to be by far the WORST Olympics I ever saw. With all the teams complaining about bad judging and investigations...corruption has NO limits.

E!! >>

Hmmm.
    Seems like nothing has been learned from the past mistakes.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001