Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I know little of Lincolns but this is an obvious fake is it not?

God. Just look at that V.D.B. Are you kidding me?

LOL! Never mind! I just read the auction. And it's still going for over five bills!

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Not even close.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    And i'll bet that the buyer will resell it as real. After a dip.

• Options
    That's why you should always read the description first.

Edit: He says it's not genuine but he makes it sound like it may be real though. He says he doesn't have time to send it for grading, he knows the coin is a fake.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it may be a spark erosion copy. Or maybe one of jinghuashei's unmarked fakes. Abe seems to have a cigarette hanging off his lower lip.
    The listing violates the eBay policy on authenticity disclaimers, and could be reported for that.
  • Options
    His name is "bestsellerofcoins" but he claims to have neither the experience or ability
    to determine if it is a fake. Coin is currently at $510. Someone is about to take it
    hard in the butt.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scam-bay really can't claim lack of expertise. they know what's going on, and so does this seller.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Not an obvious fake to me. The VDB is an obvious fake but it could be a genuine 1909-S with the VDB added. Upon closer examination the coloring is off and also the details don't look struck up to where they should be. It's probably a 360 degree fake - that is, not even an authentic 09-S. I could see how someone could think this is authentic. Lots of underinformed collectors with money out there.
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to $910!!
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very deceptive and misleading. Reported.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Based on the feedback # from the high bidder, I am willing to bet that someone who knows it's fake put a monster bid on it so nobody else gets screwed. At least I hope thats the case and I reported it too.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    VamGuyVamGuy Posts: 1,624
    From the auction description "Note that I will have another 1909 S VDB up for auction in a three day special."

He's probably got a drawer full of them. image
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    The VDB is definitely bogus.

I'm not an expert on Peace dollars but these don't seem right either (or am I just being paranoid?):

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    bogus no doubt, the obverse is very good. Not a coin to ever buy raw.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    The bidders are crazy! image
    Ed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file