Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Partnered Registry Sets?

Not sure if this topic has ever been discussed, but I was wondering if anyone has partnered with another collector to complete a registry set. I don't mean a family member or friend that you know well. I meant someone you met on the boards. The advantages being that completing the set would be much faster, and at less cost, and selling a complete set might be more lucrative than selling a partial or near set.

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the rules state you actually have to have physical possesion of the card....and own the card
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what the advantage would be other than to be on the Registry as "Bill and Jim's 33 Goudey set".

Why on earth would you want to do that?

I think you have to be in sole posession of the cardboard.
  • cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    I think you could still do it, just one of you would have to decide to take credit and act as if you had them all and enter them in the registry under one name... but I agree with the previous comment, why would you want to unless you were in fact looking to sell your cards and you found another person with the same interest in selling what they owned and that happened to make a complete set.

Sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen in the selling process...
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the sets that MOSH had done in this vain?? A group of investors??
  • The only advantage I see would be the free submissions when set is 75% (I think that is the percentage) complete.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The only advantage I see would be the free submissions when set is 75% (I think that is the percentage) complete. >>

I think that has been moved up to 90%.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    PSASAP .... I think you would do better breaking the set down and selling that way!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • The bigger players chop up large lots to avoid canabilizing eachother for large lots. But rare single cards its fair game. lol.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com