Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My First MS66 Morgan--A Gorgeous Toners I Rarely Show

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
I picked this coin up many years ago in an ANACS MS66 holder, and crossed it to NGC (plus the star) when I was thinking about selling. It eluded my camera for a long time, and thus it's one of the coins that I prize that I've very rarely shown off on the boards. Anyway, it was great color, super lustre, semi-prooflike surfaces, and if it weren't for the small hit behind the eye, it would be a 67. The cheek is impeccably clean. Enjoy.

Large Obverse
Large Reverse
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, too bad about that hit behind her eye...still a very nice looking coin though. image
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin AND photo! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Impressive , indeed. image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet coin!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, too bad about that hit behind her eye...still a very nice looking coin though. image >>

Not really... the way I look at it is that the hit (which is pretty small in real life, and not so in-your-face to be distracting) made the coin 1/2 to 1/4 the price. I like discounts like that for almost no dip in quality image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file