Home Sports Talk
Options

Cowboys Pick Up Replacement for Mr. Jessica Simpson - Bucs Lose Out Again

COWBOYS PICK UP KITNA FOR HENRY
Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:32 PM
Two days after cutting veteran Brad Johnson and one day after watching Brooks Bollinger become a free agent, the Dallas Cowboys have addressed their needs at the quarterback position by swinging a deal for Jon Kitna of the Lions.

The Cowboys announced the move moments ago.

Kitna, a 12-year veteran, landed on injured reserve during the 2008 season under circumstances suggesting that he really didn't have a season-ending injury. The fact that the Lions got anything in exchange for Kitna is a positive, given that they undoubtedly would have cut him at some point.

In return, the Cowboys have given up starting cornerback Anthony Henry, who started all 16 games in 2008.

Both players are in the last years of their deals. Kitna is due to earn a base salary of $1.95 million, and Henry will receive a base salary of $2.6 million.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Cowboys used to have some good teams and won some Super Bowls in the past, but they are now so pathetic, there needs to be some adjectives used before pathetic to accurately describe them.....Can Cowboys fan say "My team is Super pathetic"
  • Options
    Your team hasn't won the big one since guys played in leather helmets and your talking ish ?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Will the cowgirls even win 4 games this year?

nope
  • Options

<< <i>Your team hasn't won the big one since guys played in leather helmets and your talking ish ? >>

No problem.

If I were a Cowboy and Mets fan I'd be bitter too. image
  • Options
    Will the cowgirls even win 4 games this year?

After looking at the 09 schedule i know where their getting one win , right Kevin ? Romo throws for 5 TD's in your place this time !

Eagle fans 42 years and counting , now THATS alot of BITTERENESS
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Eagle fans 42 years and counting , now THATS alot of BITTERENESS >>

42 years, that would be 1967?

What happened in 1967 with the Eagles?
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

<< <i>Eagle fans 42 years and counting , now THATS alot of BITTERENESS >>

42 years, that would be 1967?

What happened in 1967 with the Eagles? >>

They went 6-7-1.

FAIL. It's been 49 years, you're cutting yourself short on the smack talk.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

That's exactly what I was asking.

If people want to cite stats, at least get them right.

Guess we can't expect a Cowboys to have mastered arithmetic.

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Hey Einstein, 1967 would be the first year the Super Bowl was played , but would we expect Eagle fan to know anything about the history of the Super Bowl image
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    why trade a starting cornerback for a player you can wait and get off waivers?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    The Cowboys will win more games this year than the Beagles and the Yucs combined.

I love how you guys trash talk and only have one Lombardi between your two sorry franchises image

It's a free country so by all means carry on.