Home Sports Talk
Options

Haynesworth says "show me the money" Dan Snyder says welcome to the Redskins

ASHBURN, Va. — After signing a contract with an NFL-record $41 million in guaranteed money, Albert Haynesworth made a guarantee of his own.

“You’re not going to remember Albert Haynesworth as a bust,” he said.

That’s a tall order, even for a player as talented as Haynesworth. The 27-year-old All-Pro defensive tackle has to live up to the $100 million, seven-year contract he signed Friday with the Washington Redskins, a team that reverted to form by snagging the biggest name available with a blockbuster deal within hours of the midnight start of free agency.

“With the contract, it’s going to be all on me,” Haynesworth said. “My goal is to be the best player on the field and to eventually get to that Hall of Fame status and be mentioned with Reggie White and Bruce Smith and all the greats.”

At least he can claim membership in a championship team — as in champions of the offseason. The Redskins also spent the wee hours re-signing cornerback DeAngelo Hall to a $54 million, six-year deal that includes $22.5 million guaranteed.

Comments

• Options
    Well,with their tremendous track record of free agent signings, I predict that this will be the move that sends little Danny Snyder and his Skins to a Super Bowl ring!!

• Options

<< <i>Well,with their tremendous track record of free agent signings, I predict that this will be the move that sends little Danny Snyder and his Skins to a Super Bowl ring!!

image >>

lets hope so
  • Options
    At least this player is not someone who could be considered "over the hill" like a lot of their signings of free agents in recent years.

I wouldn't make those super bowl reservations just yet however. image

• Options
    stupid money for a player that isnt worth it.
    just another in the long line of big money signings for the skins. that ultimately leads them nowhere
  • Options

<< <i>stupid money for a player that isnt worth it. >>

agreed - not to mention one that committed a crime on the field a couple of seasons ago - must be nice to assault someone then get rewarded with 100 mil less than 2 years later...

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a surprise as Dan Snyder has not made many mistakes. LOL
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Once again the Redskins win the "Off season Free Agency Bowl" with the quick signings of three of the best FA players available at their positions (Hall, Haynesworth and Dockery).

Next we'll pick up a starting OT and LB in the draft. Our big rookie receivers from last year will all be healthy enough to start ... and they, (along with the rest of the team and coaching staff) should have a much better feel for Zorn's new system. In year two, Coach Zorn can now start to unleash some unvanilla offense, and with all of the holes plugged, and everyone on the same page, the engine should run much smoother.

Yes, It's all coming together, and should be a lot of fun to watch. Plenty of room left on the burgundy and gold band wagon for all of you guys that have to sleep through the off season with no promise of playoff hope for your teams.

It's just a crying shame that all of the other NFC teams are falling apart, being dismantled, and pathetically reaching out in desperation for patch work players during this off season. We really wanted to beat them all at their best this year. Oh well, maybe the wind will blow ya'lls way and a few games will be close enough so you don't dooze off.

Best of luck guys, and maybe all of your team owners will learn a little something this year by watching how old Danny Snyder keeps it exciting to be a fan every year.

Mike

Hail to the Redskins!!
    imageimageimage
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/