Home Sports Talk
Options

Browns get even with Winslow for all his bad behavior

IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
They trade him to Tampa Bay. image

From SI

"The Cleveland Browns thank Kellen for his contributions to this organization over the past five years," Kokinis said in a statement. "We appreciate his passion for the game and wish him success in Tampa Bay. The draft picks we have obtained through this deal will give us greater flexibility as we look to infuse more talent and create competition and depth on this football team."

Comments

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Not a good move. Very talented player.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    I'm a soldier!

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    So are they dumping Jeremy Stevens? He is another head case if you didnt know...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    How is tradin a player from an awful team to a pretty good one "getting even".
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How is tradin a player from an awful team to a pretty good one "getting even". >>

Ah sorry you missed my sense of humor. I would wager that if you went to a Brown's board that is what they are saying. Also given all the grief on this board that has arisen from a certain Bucs fan I thought the humor would be obvious. Personally I wish both teams well. image
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>How is tradin a player from an awful team to a pretty good one "getting even". >>

Really? While neither team is good, the Bucs are going to be horrible this year and I think the Browns will have a better record.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Cassels and Winslow plus Stevens on the other end....I smell rings
  • Options
    the only rings your smellin' are the onion rings you had for lunch (when you farted) image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not a good move. Very talented player. >>

Agreed, Cleveland now has yet another hole to fill.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cassels and Winslow plus Stevens on the other end....I smell rings >>

I think you are smelling your mustache. lol
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brutal! It's not like he killed somebody....

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed, Cleveland now has yet another hole to fill >>

Not really. Steve Heiden is a solid everyday TE, his hands and his blocking ability are both better than Winslows.
    Everyones bowling ball buddy Romeo Crennel took a ton of heat last year for not letting Rookie TE Martin Rucker get more playing time. Rucker has a very solid upside.

As a Browns fan I don't thing this trade is all that bad. You loss a Big Play TE, but he's often injured, and his "look at me" attitude doesn't fit in with the Browns plans.
    Now how do we get someone to give us a high pick for Butter Fingers Edwards?

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Talented or not I think they were just tired of the BS they have had with Winslow and just wanted him gone.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    As a Browns season ticket holder all I want to say is I AM NOT disappointed. Honestly I think he was more of a distraction than a plus for them. And as someone else noted Steve Heiden isn't an All Pro but he's not all that bad, all he does is catch passes thrown to him, blocks and keeps his mouth shut. Now if they can get Braylon Edwards to remember how to catch a pass, that's the next obstacle. al.