Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Speaking of Maundy Sets

Looks like someone has a nice PCGS graded set up on feebay at the moment ...

1915 Maundy set PCGS graded MS66-67

Will be interesting to see how this set does ...
1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, will see. Not common,not rare.I think this date may be a bit scarcer than has been realized (1915).
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    should be fun to watch

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see hammer on an item with about $100.00 worth of grading fees invested.
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will be interesting to see hammer on an item with about $100.00 worth of grading fees invested. >>

It's way overpriced at the current level. I would strongly discourage anyone from bidding. image
  • Options
    I have an 1822 NGC multislabbed Maundy set if any one is interested - XF40, XF45, AU58, AU55 - small to large. Will do US$189 ( Euro 149 ) including paypal fees and registered post. Just PM if interested. Nice colour on the coins too. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am beginning to think such price levels for decent sets may not be that bad and that a nice set of same date unslabbed probably would be in the 150-175 USD range.

One problem with Brits and Maundies is they are treated as just that and better sets in "the old country" do not seem to bring substantially more than average or below par sets, at least in my experience. Some over there seem to care a bit if the aftermarket (usu. Spink) case is vintage and dated...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    $362.00
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bringing this back up... I forgot about it. I am not surprised with the closing price

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.