Home Sports Talk
Options

The NY Yankees run to the World Series thread!

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
Spring training is now in full swing! Looks like the health of Posada, Matsui, and Wang will be a big part of this years success. Other jobs being fought for also in the bullpen and the OF.

I still think Joba should be the bridge to Mariano. Too many other guys that can take push for that 5th slot and be successful.

Welcome CC, AJ, Teixeira, and Swisher! Am I forgetting anyone of consequence?

Now lets bury that AL EAST!

Comments

• Options
    The AL East will be the most competitive division in the AL. I honestly think the Yanks (barring injury) will battle the Rays for the crown.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    We can't have a Yankee thread without a Red Sox fan piping in. I think it's going to be a 3-way race this year for sure with the wild card team coming out of the AL East. It's really too soon for a prediction, I think, but my little crystal ball says that it'll be Red Sox, Yankees, Rays. And I think it's going to be close with no more than about 7-10 wins between 1st and 3rd in the division.
  • Options
    LET'S
    GO
    YANK
    EES
    !!!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Yankees win the AL pennant - Then because the Phillies will win the NL pennant, we can get payback for 1950. image
  • Options
    "... but my little crystal ball says that it'll be Red Sox, Yankees, Rays."

But what about dem O's from Baltimore? They'll be tough this year, won't they? image
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    lets go for number 27 this year!
  • Options
    I'd love to see Girardi have to change his uniform number each year for the next few years image

38 days to go!