Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wait Times for Master Player Sets

Has anyone had any luck with getting cards added to Master Player Sets recently?

I have been trying to get a handful of oddball cards added to the Jim Rice registry for about 5 months now but to no avail. I don't know if there haven't been enough of these particular oddball cards graded in order to meet PSA's approval for inclusion or if the registry people are just focused on other things at the moment and will get to it when they have time. Am I just being impatient or have my requests fallen through the cracks? What say you all?

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not try a gentle nudge to Cosetta? She has always been very responsive to me with adding cards or pointing out errors in player name spellings, etc, etc.

Hope all is well on your side.

Regards,
    Al
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that I miss about the old setup is the e-mail confirming that your request has been received. I know there is the small acknowledgment when you add it, but I always liked the secondary record that it was in the system.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    you still get a confrimation but its not by email...its a little green bar that notes your request has been made.

i have requested the some of the same cards for my master favre set two or three times since i got them back last summer. what is strange is that they are their own insert set. i was able to get that set up and running but not get the cards added to the master set. i have since requested another bunch of cards. some times i think they just sit on them. i tend to notice a large addition of cards to the favre set all at once rather than a few here and there.

i thought we were all given the line (and song and dance) that V2 would solve most of these problems...well it hasnt and has created new ones. for instance in some auto'd card sets they will let you load up a non-auto'd card only because someone already has an auto'd card of the same type loaded in. i also had other card booted out because some old cert's for some psa/dna cards didnt pass through. now they are known as bad certs. i havent had the time to rescan the fronts and backs and send them off yet.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Al - I might try that with Cosetta. I just don't want to be a high-maintenance customer (at least not until after I had checked in here first to make sure it's okay). image

GDM67 - I miss those e-mails too. I used to keep those e-mails until the card was actually added and that helped me keep track of how long it was taking from request to addition so I could sort of apply that wait time to the other cards that I had requested. Although, as jradke4 pointed out, we do get that little acknowledgement when we request a card, it feels to me like it's more of an acknowledgement that I pushed a button than an acknowledgement that PSA has received my reqeust and will start working on it. The e-mail just felt more like a tangible receipt.

Jradke4 - that's what I was thinking too: that they must be sitting on these requests. I wondered if they were working on getting the new PSA/DNA set registry up and not worrying about the PSA set registries for the time being. If that's the case, I hope they get to it before too long. For those collectors that are competing on the registry I am sure they would rather have more time to try to collect new additions than to be ambushed with last-minute additions to the registry composite.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well the problem is that they then make the new additions to the sets not required for the deadlines. even though you submitted them 6-12 months ago. they always seem to work only on deadlines. again i thought they said that V2 would solve this problem. maybe its just a staff limitation (as in numbers).
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Things have really been bad since the switch to V2. My requests for weighting sets have not been processed at all since the switch. Previously it had been a very straight forward process of sending them an Excel file.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GDM67 - I miss those e-mails too. I used to keep those e-mails until the card was actually added and that helped me keep track of how long it was taking from request to addition so I could sort of apply that wait time to the other cards that I had requested. Although, as jradke4 pointed out, we do get that little acknowledgement when we request a card, it feels to me like it's more of an acknowledgement that I pushed a button than an acknowledgement that PSA has received my reqeust and will start working on it. The e-mail just felt more like a tangible receipt. >>

Exactly.

I haven't noticed any changes in the time I wait after requesting additions of individual cards to player sets and the only team sets I've added have been since the switchover (and I don't have any complaints about that process, it's gone rather smoothly), so none of that has been a problem, at least in my experience.
  • Options
    I have 112 Greg Maddux cards that I requested be added to his master set. Most of the requests are now over 4 months old. I have emailed PSA and they told me that they are running behind due to their limited staff. They didn't give me a time frame for when they are going to add them. I may not buy cards that are not already a part of players sets in the future because of this long of a delay.
    I'm always looking for more Maddux psa 10's:
    http://www.psacard.com/SetRegistry/Composite.aspx?c=1786
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I just received an e-mail from PSA saying that a card I had requested on 11/3/08 has been added to the set composite. So, to answer my own question, it looks like the waiting time for master set additions is approximately 4 1/2 months.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I just was able to add 3 Marcus Allen cards....and squeeze into second place. Don't even remember when I requested them although I am sure I did. Have been waiting 5-6 months on some Young cards.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous. When they grade the cards they should update their internal database with the spec numbers for existing sets and not have the user comminity remind them and then wait for months to get them added. This is one of the more frustrating aspects of the Registry.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Even if the software were configured to automatically update the registry set, it would still run into problems for cards that don't feature the player's name on the front (which wouldn't get added) and for cards issued the year after a player retired that don't give his stats or final season information on the back (which would get added even though not eligible for the set).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    You got to give them a break, if you watch the "News" section of PSA website, you see that they add 5-10 new sets per day. Compare that to the number of set requests list and they are swimming upstream. The number of user created sets is kind of insane and its not like PSA can turn off the faucet and stop creating player sets (Topps basic, Master, Canadian, Rookie Basic, Topps Rookie, Fleer Master, Game-used, oddball only set, etc. etc.) without ticking off collectors. So they are stuck doing the best they can. I am kind of old school that I like compiling true sets, the way they factory made them, although I do have one "oddball" set that I submitted and it got created. (2002 Donruss Diamond Kings Cuts Collection, check it out, I post pictures and have 13 cards getting graded at PSA right now)

My 5 Registered sets:
    T206
    1956 Topps Basic
    1986 Sportflics
    2001 Topps Archives Autographs
    2002 Diamond Kings Cuts Collection

P.S. I hat it when people have new sets added to the registry and then they never add their cards so it shows something like "Chien-Ming Wang Basic Set (0)" that kind of BS wastes PSA staff's time. I hope the dude that requested that set reads this and posts his stupid cards!