Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ARRIVED - THE CASE....PICTURES INSIDE...TIME TO RIP!!!

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    My guess is that a sealed case like this would sell for about 5K? Do vending from 76 sell for over 400 a box? I could see it going more than that with a good seal.

Great stuff Felicia! How I would love to be cracking that! I hope you nail down lots of low pop 10s! Good luck!

A centered Brett is by far the toughest card of the set. Guidry rookie is a pretty tough one too.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it was a sealed case, I'd say the premium on this case would bring it closer to about 15K.

That Guidry Felicia pulled from a pack last Friday night looked like a lock for a 9, possibly a 10..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Wow, with the centering on the first box, I'd say you can sell a few of the vending boxes to you fellow collector's for $450 easy. The premium because of what you just did. Were you the one that bought the 75 rack case?
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking $10-$12k
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My guess is that a sealed case like this would sell for about 5K? Do vending from 76 sell for over 400 a box? I could see it going more than that with a good seal.

Great stuff Felicia! How I would love to be cracking that! I hope you nail down lots of low pop 10s! Good luck!

A centered Brett is by far the toughest card of the set. Guidry rookie is a pretty tough one too. >>

See I thought the Brett was the toughest also. In fact I think there are hardly any 9's, let alone 10's. I think the Brett also is plagued by printing smudges near the top of the card, if I'm not mistaken.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    ok, last one for tonight.... next box tomorrow night!!

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! More fun tomorrow night... may the karma be with you!
    Matt

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These cards are just breathtaking...and also an example of how many stars truly unsearched product yields!! Until tommorow night!! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Anybody else drooling on their keyboard? My head is still spinning...

Joe
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <A case? A freakin' case? I think I just pooped myself.>
    no doubt,those are some serious mad centered cards,with 23 boxes to go, id never be alble to sleep till i went thru all of them ,you must have inclredible patience,something ive always lackedimage especially when it comes to nice older cards
    well doneimage
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    My gosh my math skills are horrible tonight...I multiplied by 12 and not 24 boxes..so yeah, almost 10K LOL
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>looks like black print line on his right shoulder and in the middle by the name.. no??
    if not.. that bad boy is nice! >>

Out of curiosity, is that print line common on the Briggs? Is that why it's a tough 9/10? >>

I think it is difficult to find centered.
  • Options

76' Vending case will fetch between 13 and 16k pending on the condition...........fwiw
  • Options
    woohoo - colorful topps cards from the 70's !

no black borders, no chrome, no autos and no fake jerseys - just real cards.

glad to see it.

cheers
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that was only one box! Nuts!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Simply amazing Felicia!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope your grades exceed your expectations. Those cards are smoking hot! The 76's and 75's are the first cards I really remember ripping as a kid. Great stuff!

fantastic!

brian
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    That cardboard smell must of been fantastic! Trapped since 1976 mmmmm............

I feel hungover this morning, wish I could do that every night image
  • Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Are there 1976 Traded cards in the vending case? Just curious?
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options
    WOW!......................................Beautiful cards!
  • Options
    Couldn't stay up last night to see the rip, but wow, great stuff and I can't wait to see some more beauties!!!!

Thanks for sharing with all of us.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Freaking awesome break.

Goodbye POP reports and hello more reasonable prices.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    So far lady luck is on her side as those have been some sweet pulls
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Stunning to be sure. That is great. I am very happy that one of these things is turning out so well for someone! I haven't had much luck with vending but I've only opened three boxes of 77s. Good for you!!!!! image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for busting this. The unopened stuff I have socked away and will never touch just went up in value. Props.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    [Thanks for busting this. The unopened stuff I have socked away and will never touch just went up in value. Props.

I am not opening all of them..

Q]Stunning to be sure. That is great. I am very happy that one of these things is turning out so well for someone! I haven't had much luck with vending but I've only opened three boxes of 77s. Good for you!!!!! image >>

I bought a 77 vending box from steve at bbc from his website the other day and ripped it yesterday, ...Steve obviously wouldnt know its contents, so I dont blame him at all, but it was horrible..NOT a SINGLE gradeable card, corners destroyed, some look like they were eaten, a few cards were missing a piece of the card. Every card was way o/c either top to bottom or left to right.

I would stay away from that year..you are the 3rd person to say that and I experienced the same thing.

Anyway, on another note, I wanted to let eveyone know that I will be doing another box tonight, aslo, hopefully, some people get thier cellos I sent and we can see some 75 cello rips as well.

many of you have pm's me asking for cards/ sets/ and stuff of the like.
    Heres what I am going to do..The cards I can grade that I think will be 9's or 10's I will. The others I will be making sets out of ( 12 sets to a case) I will then offer the complete raw sets on here first, If I get grades that are 8's or 8.5's I will include those graded cards in the sets.
    Since you know where the cards came from you can be assured you are getting clean unaltered true vending sets.

Please be patient, its going to take awhile, but I will start putting these sets together, I will then pm those of you who have asked and offer them to you first.

Thanks for everyones kind words, and help...

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    a positive spin. i'm with you Burgundy. image
  • Options
    I might be in for one of those sets as those are great looking cards so far.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    re: 77 vending....i recently got 2 boxes from Steve and the first one made me sad but the second made me glad.....i finished my set and got a few gradable, but i have opened both 76 and 77 vending in the past with excellent results.....those low pops will always be chase cards for 76 and there are a few in 77 as well that will NEVER see a significant rise in hi-grade population, which makes the chase more appreciable if you do stumble upon a minty Brett, Eck, Ryan, Aaron, or rare common, etc.
  • Options
    I wish I could afford a set, but not. I think I nice 76 set in a binder would be almost more enjoyable than having them in all those plastic holders!!
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I have always wondered.. a vending box looks like it can just be opened..
    is there a seal that prevents someone from opening it and searching it??

I hope to have the 75 cello in a couple hrs.. I will post asap
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    wow great breakimage
  • Options
    Count me in for one of those sets.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Oaksey a vending box can be opened like you say but the sequence
    of cards can be seen and if tampered with will be noticed.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I just saw this thread and I almost pooped in my pants!!
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    if you have any left over id like one also...great case
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I just saw this thread and I almost pooped in my pants!! >>

THEN THIS SHIRT IS FOR YOU!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for busting this. The unopened stuff I have socked away and will never touch just went up in value. Props.
    Ron >>

I agree..you mean stuff like this?

• Options
    Wow, it's just cool to see all of those boxes together, I would never have the willpower to leave those unopened.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for busting this. The unopened stuff I have socked away and will never touch just went up in value. Props.
    Ron >>

image >>

YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ron >>

I agree..you mean stuff like this? >>

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. The reason Brett and Briggs are low pops is because both are positioned in the upper left hand corner of their respective uncut sheets, therefore they are rarely centered. Oh, same for Pete Rose and Joe Torre. John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Pictures of unopened 70's stuff rock.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Ron >>

image >>

YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

I think it just moved!!image
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    What a cool thread!! Fantastic cards!! Can't believe they are all from just the FIRST vending box in the case!!! Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Unreal. For a second there I was sad to be me.
    Travis
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Oh it's great stuff. How could anyone deny that? But let's not move the goalposts on my original point, which was that the more vintage unopened stuff is busted, the less supply exists which in time will increase the value of the supply that remains. This assumes demand remains constant or increases, the answer to which, judging from the responses to this thread, is self-evident.

My views on busting vintage unopened material are well known. Carry on.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Johnny Briggs, Joe Torre and Al Cowens are toughies!! >>

Johnny Briggs, omg!

Wow! that case looks like it's going to be "pounds of fun" for you! Congrats! 10,200 thrills! my goodness!

rd
  • Options

<< <i>

Johnny Briggs, omg!

image >>

I believe one of the All-Star cards, ie, Ruth, Cobb, etc. is a tough one to find in PSA 9. Though off the top of my head I can not remember which one.
  • Options
    This rip just made me go back and take a nice long look at my set.
    Mike
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Johnny Briggs, omg!

image >>

I believe one of the All-Star cards, ie, Ruth, Cobb, etc. is a tough one to find in PSA 9. Though off the top of my head I can not remember which one. >>

This would my old briggsy!