Home PSA Set Registry Forum

100% completion on another Packer Great!

Made 100% today with my James Lofton Master set. It only has 32 cards at this time but I have amasses 17 cards in their highest current available grades. I have eight cards that are Pop 1's of the highest grade at this time. Many of the cards I have had since childhood and got graded here and there. Lofton was a favorite player of mine when I grew up in Green Bay. I have requested 7 more cards to be added to the set.

Next up, creating and completing the Lynn Dickey Master and Basic sets.

Link to my Lofton Set

Comments

• lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Troy,

Nice job on completing the Lofton set. Those box bottoms are tough. I remember as a kid having a football signed by both Lofton and Dickey. My brother and I played with it for hours in the backyard, completely destroying both signatures.

Chad
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Chad, great story. I have destroyed so many auto's from the Packers when I was a kid at training camp. I mutilated a beautiful Max McGee signed hat wearing it for every game for three years. I also ran a bunch of auto's through the wash. Many were of no names at the beginning of camp but I swear I had a Don Hutson from a charity event when I was a kid but have no clue what I did with it.
  • Congratulations, Troy!
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    troy,

congrats. with my favres i dont think i will ever get to my other packer stuff. which is a shame. at least you picked a player with a little lower card total than me!!

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Jay, I refuse to do a master set of a collection of 7000+ cards. I would do a basic one though of Favre. I am slowly moving my Master set away and doing the basic only for Favre
  • Congrats. I put in a set request for Jim Taylor awhile back, still hasn't made it to the registry yet, but hopefully someday soon.
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Troy...image

Those box bottoms must be tough...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)