Home Sports Talk

YES!!! manny ramirez back to the dodgers!!

WOOO an LA sports radio station is reporting the dodgers and manny have came to an agreement on a 2 year with a 3rd as an option! man o' man! this week it should be signed! this is great for DODGER babseball! lets hope its true!

go dodgers!!!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if he performs like he did late last season you guys should be very happy.

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well if he performs like he did late last season you guys should be very happy. >>

he will perform in year two if the option is "worth it to him"
  • biggest ahole in sports....he quits on the defending World Series Champs? hello? all owners should boycott him!
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GL all you Dodger fans, you're gonna just love ManRam when he decides things aren't quite going his way. History does have a way of repeating itself.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope he hits .400 for you guys. Until the WS that is.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    five hours now and the story has not been picked up by espn, fox, or si online
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    It was just a matter of time
  • There is no Manny signing being reported on any of the major media channels.

<< <i>There is no Manny signing being reported on any of the major media channels. >>

didn't I just say that?
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    As of right now our local radio and the dodgers web site says,

"Dodgers deny latest Manny rumors
    General manager Colletti: 'Nothing's changed in 48 hours'"
  • And in other news, Mark Texiera just signed with the Red Sox.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodgers stink with or without Manny - doesn't even matter.

<< <i>Dodgers stink with or without Manny - doesn't even matter. >>

Steve, you forgot to add "its not even debatable" or maybe a "Case Closed"

One things for sure- bottom line Manny is a top notch hitter that ANY team would love to have in their lineup, sure maybe not for the length of contract that he is looking for. As far as him being disruptive I dont think that will be an issue anymore, the crap he pulled in Boston is not something I can see him pulling at this point in his career- he got out of Boston which for whatever reason he wanted to but Im sure he knows at this point he needs to be on his best behavior to land his last multi-year deal.

Case Closed and its not even debatable. ( Borrowed from SteveK )

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dodgers stink with or without Manny - doesn't even matter. >>

Steve, you forgot to add "its not even debatable" or maybe a "Case Closed"

image >>

i forgot. image

• << <i>One things for sure- bottom line Manny is a top notch hitter that ANY team would love to have in their lineup, sure maybe not for the length of contract that he is looking for. As far as him being disruptive I dont think that will be an issue anymore, the crap he pulled in Boston is not something I can see him pulling at this point in his career- he got out of Boston which for whatever reason he wanted to but Im sure he knows at this point he needs to be on his best behavior to land his last multi-year deal.

Case Closed and its not even debatable. ( Borrowed from SteveK ) >>

I don't think anyone can honestly say that Manny's fallout with the Red Sox was a one-way street.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

<< <i>I don't think anyone can honestly say that Manny's fallout with the Red Sox was a one-way street. >>

If your meaning it wasnt ONLY Manny's fault then I would say your way wrong- before I argue that point I ask if you meen that he will do it again with another team?

• << <i>

<< <i>I don't think anyone can honestly say that Manny's fallout with the Red Sox was a one-way street. >>

If your meaning it wasnt ONLY Manny's fault then I would say your way wrong- before I argue that point I ask if you meen that he will do it again with another team? >>

I think Bill Simmon's hit it best on Manny's fallout.

Will it happen again? I think in today's game you could have such happen in any city with any player. If ESPN and the radio would follow such if it wasn't Manny would of course be quite different, but yes if could happen.

How a person is treated on the job, and in the closed doors with the upper management, does affect how that person is going to perform for you. In that regard, baseball is no different then any other job.

I am not saying Manny does not hold blame, just I think there is plenty of blame to go around.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Did this ever happen? I can not find it anywhere.

<< <i>Did this ever happen? I can not find it anywhere. >>

just a rumor that hasn't been recognized by any major sports media outlet
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramirez NOT back with the Dodgers YET. He's been offered $45m for 2 years...awaiting response via Boras.
    Boras is a master at getting teams to bid against themselves. Manny would be jobless if the Dodgers weren't throwing money at him
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Boras would be a fool not to have Manny sign with the Dodgers at this point especially if he wants to show that Manny can be a team player again. Not many managers could make that happen but Torre could. Then in a couple of years, Manny can prove he will still be able to put up those gawdy numbers and land another nice 2 year contract.

<< <i>Boras is a master at getting teams to bid against themselves. Manny would be jobless if the Dodgers weren't throwing money at him >>

Could this be the Dodgers signing Kevin Brown with Boras against themselves all over again. I thought the Dodgers learned from the Brown deal??????????????????????????
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Well, apparently, it is back to the drawing boards for Manny and the Dodgers.

Manny Turns Down Dodgers

/s/ JackWESQ

Manny turns down Dodgers, again

The Los Angeles Dodgers received a letter from Manny Ramirez's agent Scott Boras on Thursday, rejecting the offer the club made Wednesday.

The Dodgers offered the free-agent slugger a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. The rejection is the fourth in the club's attempts to sign Ramirez.

"We love Manny Ramirez," Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. "And we want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves. When his agent finds those 'serious offers' from other clubs, we'll be happy to restart the negotiations.

"Even with an economy that has substantially eroded since last November, out of respect for Manny and his talents, we actually improved our offer.

"So now, we start from scratch."

The Dodgers open the regular season April 6 at San Diego.

Ramirez hit .396 with 17 home runs and 53 RBIs in 53 games with the Dodgers last season while leading them to the NL West title after he was acquired from Boston at the July 31 trade deadline.
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of a couple months back when the "Red Sox signed Mark Teixeira!" People need to stop pre-emptively posting bogus info.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Boras is shooting his client in the foot.
  • manny will sign with the Ray's for $1 but get paid 50 million if he its 50 homers image
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Karma is coming back to haunt Bora$$.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But Boras said he did not reject the Dodgers' offer, according to the Los Angeles Times. "They asked me to respond to them and I gave them a counterproposal within the framework of the structure we had agreed upon," Boras said. >>

Right.... And the LAD aren't negotiating with themselves, since you have other offers on the table...

: eye roll :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of a couple months back when the "Red Sox signed Mark Teixeira!" People need to stop pre-emptively posting bogus info.

lol yep

Steve
    Good for you.
    Now the Dodgers web site says the payment schedule on a two year 45 million dollar deal is whats stopping Manny from signing the deal.