Home U.S. Coin Forum

Portland, Maine coin show on Sunday, March 15

MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
There will be a coin club sponsored coin show in Portland, Maine on Sunday March 15, 2009. If you are in the northern New England area that weekend, why not stop by and say hello. The details are as follows:

67th Consecutive semi-annual coin show
Sponsored by the Gorham Coin Club
Sunday, March 15, 2009
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
At the Verrillo’s Convention Center
Exit 48 of the Maine Turnpike (155 Riverside Street)
Portland, Maine
Free Admission
50 Tables (50 devoted to numismatic material)
Bourse Chairman: Stephen A. Crain
89 Varney Mill Road
Windham, ME 04062
(207) 892-7113
They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve,

There is a coin show in Portland, OR at the same time! Coincidence or good planning?

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Portland, Oregon was named after Portland, Maine. They're always copying us.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Portland, Oregon was named after Portland, Maine. They're always copying us. >>

image (This is true ) I think this was done over the flip of a coin
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
    Hey, Mach19, I hope you'll make the show this time.
    imageimageimage P.S. I have a half dime for you to look at. image
    "P.S. I have a half dime for you to look at."

You said the magic word. I'd love to look at any half dime. Please bring it with you.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... does anyone want to fly from Boston with me? I'll consider going if someone wants to split the cost of the flight image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there will be a supply vendor there on Sunday, Flips, 2x2's boxes etc ?

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • I may have to take the drive from NH. It only an hour or so.
    "Does anyone know if there will be a supply vendor there on Sunday, Flips, 2x2's boxes etc ?"

Yes, there will be. Bob Caouette Coins always has a large assortment of books, albums, holders, 2x2's, flips and other supplies, in addition to coins. There might be another supply dealer there, as well.
    You failed to tell people about the coffee shop across the street image
    ttt
    For those who might have missed the original posting
    Two week's away. image
    Just one week to go. Make your plans to be in Maine next Sunday.
  • If you go stop by after/or before at The Kittery trading post. You will love it and know why once you get there
    Ships are safe in harbor but thats not what ships were built for.

<< <i>If you go stop by after/or before at The Kittery trading post. You will love it and know why once you get there >>

Cabela's Just opened on the So. Portland / Scarborough line also. And don't forget the Portland Head Light.

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Cabela's? You gotta be kidding! This is MAINE! Get yourself over to L.L. Bean in Freeport for some Wicked Good deals and an authentic Maine experience!
    (... but go after the coin show! Don't worry, they'll be open. They always are!)

Seriously, this will be a great show! Come on out!

Map to Coin Show

Just a few days to go. Make your plans to be in Portland, Maine on Sunday. 40+ tables, all numismatic dealers, from all over New England. Hope to see you there.
    Stephen, I'm locked into work on Sunday image I will try to make it in the afternoon. Have a great Day !

David
  • IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    See you there!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file