Home Precious Metals
Options

How many OZ. of silver do you currently own (poll)

I think I may have seen this poll before... but I thought we'd go around again to see where everyones is averging out at...

Comments

• Options
    Peaceman, why do you care what everyone else owns.
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Peaceman is obviously a government worker. His job is to assess the feasibility of the upcoming "Great Silver Confiscation". And to order an appropriate number of U-Haul trailers.

Where is the option for "0 ounces"?

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    More than my platinum but less than my gold.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Enough to help me sleep at night.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    A gob...and then some.:image
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    I have more than none and less than all.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more lead (mostly copper jacketed or hollow pointed) than I have silver.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few bars.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have more lead (mostly copper jacketed or hollow pointed) than I have silver. >>

Same here. Also, even more than my gold.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Where's the category for "not enough"?
  • Options

<< <i>Where's the category for "not enough"? >>

Or "none of your business."
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Or "none of your business." >>

What's with the attitude? It's not like any particular response can be linked to any specific individual. Everything is anonimous.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭

<< <i>I have more lead (mostly copper jacketed or hollow pointed) than I have silver. >>

image Cladiator do you cast and load your own?
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What's with the attitude? It's not like any particular response can be linked to any specific individual. Everything is anonimous. >>

Well, to each their own. I myself, will not respond to any types of questions on how much of my net worth I own in coins, silver, gold, etc. Nor how many ounces I own. Nor what my yearly income is. Nor how much I spent last year etc., on coins, etc. Nor any similar type questions, such as what guns I own, if any, etc. These are all very sensitive topics given the times we are in, considering that confiscation can never be ruled out.

Anonymous answers? Yes and no. May not be easily available to the the forum members, but I would suspect since the forum is not a secure web site that the info just could possibly be obtained in some form or another. I always figured that if I worked for the US government, and I wanted to know who was holding lots of gold and silver, I know just the forums I would refer to!

So certainly share the info if you are comfortable with it. Not everyone is.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, a thumbnail sketch of the number of respondants and the low end of the respective ranges show a minimum of 23,075 ounces owned, and that figure could be substantially higher.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Not quite a metric ton, the bullion weight measurement of the Big Holders.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

What's with the attitude? It's not like any particular response can be linked to any specific individual. Everything is anonimous. >>

Well, to each their own. I myself, will not respond to any types of questions on how much of my net worth I own in coins, silver, gold, etc. Nor how many ounces I own. Nor what my yearly income is. Nor how much I spent last year etc., on coins, etc. Nor any similar type questions, such as what guns I own, if any, etc. These are all very sensitive topics given the times we are in, considering that confiscation can never be ruled out.

Anonymous answers? Yes and no. May not be easily available to the the forum members, but I would suspect since the forum is not a secure web site that the info just could possibly be obtained in some form or another. I always figured that if I worked for the US government, and I wanted to know who was holding lots of gold and silver, I know just the forums I would refer to!

So certainly share the info if you are comfortable with it. Not everyone is. >>

You sound a little paranoid.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You sound a little paranoid.image >>

Paranoid? For preferring keep some things private, that I feel is not really any one else's business? OK..... sure. If it makes you feel better, then I am paranoid. image
    ----- kj
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone feel there is a potential for silver coin/bar confiscation down the road? I would think it would be extremely remote to nearly impossible.

There was no block for 1/2 ounce (I own a single Kennedy half in BU) so I could not respond to the poll.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

While you are correct in thinking that this information is available to CU and anyone they chose to share it with in the form of a processing URL, posted data (your choice) and an associated IP address, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it comes to that were all screwed and your 500 ounces or 1000 rounds aren't going to protect you long.
    So... Relax! Enjoy the ride - cause it all ends the same for everyone image

Opps - I forgot to add:
    And remember! - "Always look on the bright side of life!"
    - Brian C.

Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options

<< <i>FWIW, a thumbnail sketch of the number of respondants and the low end of the respective ranges show a minimum of 23,075 ounces owned, and that figure could be substantially higher. >>

I am sure it IS substantially higher!image
    steve

myCCset