Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

First Person who proves they need this card gets it....VOTE!..Resolved..

Ok heres the deal. You must prove you are building the 75 set, or Aaron player set by providing a link to your set on the registry that shows you need this card.

First one to do so gets the card...

Longtimemetsfan and Jeff please pm me your address, I will send the aaron to Longtimemetsfan, and a psa graded braves card for jeffs collection to jeff.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Wow, very generous!!! I wish my raw set was graded so I could prove I need that card - maybe this will motivate me!?!
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice giveaway, very generous. image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Text

I just started this set. I don't know if I did the link right.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    yup, link worksimage
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    That is an awsome gift. I am working on a mini set right now. I am only grading the Hof'ers do to the cost of grading.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this counts but one thing I do have some sort of focus on is my love and collecting Braves.

This is just a few cards. image

Nothing all that impressive but I'm having fun collecting what I can and don't have any graded cards in my collection of Braves.

That Aaron is a beauty and wanted to thank you for the generous gift you will be sharing with someone.
  • Options

<< <i>Text

I just started this set. I don't know if I did the link right. >>

Nice set... I see you have exactly (1) 75 card. Wonder if you started it to get the freebie. No Soup for you!!! image
  • Options
    lets vote ...
  • Options
    Ok, I have a quandry. the set that the link is to has 1 card, (longtimemetsfan) but it does not say new, so therefore technically that maybe not a new set. on the other hand there is no doubt that Jeff (Barfvader) has a massive
    braves collection, so I say we do the democratic thing here and vote. Voting will be open until midnight est, sunday, the one with the most votes gets the card.
    One other thing, Longtimemetsfan please turn on your pm so if you do win the voting I can touch base with you and get your address.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    My vote is for Barfvader.
  • Options
  • Options
    where's estil ? he's building a 75 set

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>where's estil ? he's building a 75 set >>

Estil is doing the set raw with only the key cards graded, so I would guess his 1975 set is not registered.

While I do enjoy Jeff's (barfvader's) collection very much, my vote would go to longtimemetsfan based solely on the parameters set within IJustLoveCards' original post. He provided a link to a registered set he has in progress. It appears that although the set has only 1 card, it was not started for the purpose of winning this generous giveaway (it looks like the set was started on Feb. 8th).
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I will vote for longtimemetsfan only if he agrees the Yanks are betterimage Just kidding, my vote goes to longtimemetsfan because he provided a link to his 1 card set, and it was not new.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Is it too late to throw in my request for the card???

Here is a link to my Aaron Master Set. It was built primarily from purchases off of the PSA Message board. I am trying to keep it in PSA 7 or better...but funds have gotten a little tight and I have not been as able to add to it as much lately. This is a very well centered card which is what my set is built around...

Mike's Aaron Master Set

Thanks for the consideration!!
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it too late to throw in my request for the card???

Here is a link to my Aaron Master Set. It was built primarily from purchases off of the PSA Message board. I am trying to keep it in PSA 7 or better...but funds have gotten a little tight and I have not been as able to add to it as much lately. This is a very well centered card which is what my set is built around...

Mike's Aaron Master Set

Thanks for the consideration!! >>

WOW, very nice set Mike!
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Thanks...this started a little less than a year ago. The first 2 or 3 major purchases were from Message Board members...RonBurgundy, 1420Sports... and it seems like there are 1 or 2 more, but I can't find them in the old messages. I love the set and hope to eventually get it put together, but with a couple of little ones, it makes it hard to dedicate too many resources to it.
  • Options
    I was just thinking to myself last night, I said, "Self, I sure wish you had a 1975 Topps '74 Highlights Hank Aaron #1 in PSA 8 condition so you could start that set". Kind of ironic you would be giving one away.

Plus, Hank is my uncle. Look at my avatar and you will see the strong family resemblance.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    edited
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options

<< <i>I was just thinking to myself last night, I said, "Self, I sure wish you had a 1975 Topps '74 Highlights Hank Aaron #1 in PSA 8 condition so you could start that set". Kind of ironic you would be giving one away.

Plus, Hank is my uncle. Look at my avatar and you will see the strong family resemblance. >>

An uncanny resemblance. (I am an old X-Men fan and never get to use the word Uncanny...thanks, Bill)
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>An uncanny resemblance >>

Polar opposites is a common occurence in our family. It's genetic or something.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I vote for Barfvader
  • Options
    I vote for Barfvader!!!
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    One vote for longetimemetsfan.
    Brett
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    You call that a Braves collection? pffffffft.

(my vote is for barf)
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    longtimemetsfan gets my vote.

And my question is, why is there a vote?
    He was first, and followed the rules properly.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok heres the deal. You must prove you are building the 75 set, or Aaron player set by providing a link to your set on the registry that shows you need this card.

First one to do so gets the card...
    >>

My vote is for the longtimemetsfan.
  • Options
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Where's Simon Cowell? He could sort this out.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Now if that was Chipper....

Nice gift. I think one of these days i will be giving something away...

Obviously Barfvader has enough Braves cards........image
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    My vote is longtimemetsfan also.

Aconte
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    longtimemetsfan replied first and provided a link as requested... since I can't vote for myself and we are still working on our raw set, I vote for longtimemetsfan.

Mike
  • Options
    Jeff (Barfvader) and I had a public pissing contest about 6 months ago.

However, I will still give him my vote. As it turned out, Jeff is actually a nice guy.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    longtimemetsfan
  • Options
    Based on the rules of the giveaway, my vote goes to longtimemetsfan.
  • Options
    I vote for LSU because blood is thicker than Registry sets, and he has the guts to display his pale, shirtless redneck self in a kung fu pose. God bless his little heart.
  • Options
    I love funny bunny
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I abstain.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mets guy
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Barfvader
  • Options
    longtimemetsfan
  • Options
    <I vote for LSU because blood is thicker than Registry sets, and he has the guts to display his pale, shirtless redneck self in a kung fu pose. God bless his little heart.>

that was brilliant bunny with knifeimageimage

• Options
    Very generous.
    It seems that you must show you are building a set. As in actively building (current tense). One card does not seem to be "building".
  • Options

<< <i>It seems that you must show you are building a set. As in actively building (current tense). One card does not seem to be "building". >>

I agree. One card that happens to be registered that fits the set, does not make a set builder. If it does, I have about 5 different PSA 1975 Topps cards I will add to my inventory to make me eligible.

Again, my vote is for my new bestest friend Jeff (Barfvader).
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It seems that you must show you are building a set. As in actively building (current tense). One card does not seem to be "building". >>

I agree. One card that happens to be registered that fits the set, does not make a set builder. If it does, I have about 5 different PSA 1975 Topps cards I will add to my inventory to make me eligible.

Again, my vote is for my new bestest friend Jeff (Barfvader). >>

i do agree, but if you look at his registry sets, he does has several 75 sets going.
    i still vote for thew met guy
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>........One card does not seem to be "building". >>

And no cards at all is "building"? Please explain that to me when you have a moment.
  • Options
    i had a moment once nick-my head explodedimage
    thats all i got,im out of wit for todayimage
  • Options
    The Barf has shown the Braves ...

Hank should go to a Braves home.

That's my vote based on pictures.

Even tho LSU is kin to Hank.

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    +1 vote for barfvader
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Ok heres the deal. You must prove you are building the 75 set, or Aaron player set by providing a link to your set on the registry that shows you need this card.

First one to do so gets the card..."

/////////////////////////////

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.