Home Sports Talk
Options

Great article by Rick Reilly

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with anything he's ever written.

Story

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I also don't often agree with Reilly, but I do find him to he a very good/entertaining writter.

This is the one I like,,

<< <i>And here's yours from 2001, Luis Gonzalez, after you finished behind The Barry Bonds Pharmacy. We won't even mention the home run title you would've won that year. >>

Really? Rick you think L-Gone was totally clean? Comon' now.

Edited for grammmer and spelling.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Really? Rick you think L-Gone was totally clean? Comon' now. >>

The same with Piazza and Pujols.

Yeah, right Ricky, whatever you say.

PS - Regardless of how much ESPN pushes Reilly, he still plays second fiddle to Simmons.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stown,

I agree. Piazza and Pujols? Clean?

Two non prospects that turned into superstars with enhanced bodies. Yeah, they are clean...and I have some land in Florida for people who believe they are clean. Fandango, interested? Good prices, wooded lots, and some ponds too image
  • Options

<< <i>PS - Regardless of how much ESPN pushes Reilly, he still plays second fiddle to Simmons. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that article when it first came out. Although I don't agree with some of the specifics (as already pointed out in this thread), it got me to thinking that baseball would be well served by rescinding awards won by steroid using batters and pitchers. Maybe they'd have to drop down to third or fourth place in the ballots to find the true MVP/Cy Young, but so be it.
  • Options
    Luis Gonzales might be on roids also.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Very difficult to say for sure, who is eligible to be called a "clean" non-user.

We can all speculate, asume things, and make educated guesses.

There is no way to be absolutely sure of anyone, even if, and that's a big if indeed, MLB gets the the guts to make testing mandatory, all the seasons past, are still subject to opinion, and except for those who did test positve, all who were not tested, are not above being a suspect.

It would be a shame if Greg Maddux, Albert Pujols, KG Jr., or any popular hero was involved, but if one is being reasonable and open minded, he has to acknowledge the possibilty.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    hmm.........

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Barndog wrote: "... it got me to thinking that baseball would be well served by rescinding awards won by steroid using batters and pitchers. Maybe they'd have to drop down to third or fourth place in the ballots to find the true MVP/Cy Young, but so be it."

It got you thinking?? That's not a thought -- that's a brain fart.