Home Sports Talk
Options

Wolverines lower football ticket prices for next season

Bowing to the tough economic realities in this state.

The University of Michigan is decreasing the average price to attend football games for season-ticket holders.

Athletic director Bill Martin told the Associated Press today that a season-ticket holder will pay $50 on average for a ticket after paying $53.57 last year.

“In this challenging time economically, this is our way of thanking our fans who have supported us for decades,” Martin said in a telephone interview. “Unlike most schools, we had an opportunity to lower prices for football tickets.”

Tickets for the eight-game schedule will cost $400, the same price as 2007 when Michigan hosted eight games. Student tickets will cost $200, a decrease of $1.43 per game compared to 2008.

Tickets for individual games will cost $65 for marquee games against Ohio State and Notre Dame and as low as $50 for other matchups at the Big House.

The Wolverines lost a school-record nine games in coach Rich Rodriguez's debut season. U-M opens the ’09 schedule Sept. 5 against Western Michigan.

Comments

• Options

<< <i> Student tickets will cost $200 >>

I know it's Michigan Football, but that surprises me. I can't wait for my free tickets next year!