Home Sports Talk
Options

Brad Van Pelt

Linebacker Brad Van Pelt, who spent 11 of his 14 NFL seasons with the New York Giants, has died of an apparent heart attack. He was 57.

The Giants announced the death Wednesday.

Van Pelt starred as a safety at Michigan State. He was chosen by the Giants in the second round of the 1973 NFL draft and went on to make the Pro Bowl five years in a row from 1976-1980.

When the Giants drafted Lawrence Taylor in 1981, he along with Van Pelt, Harry Carson and Brian Kelley formed one of the league's most feared linebacking units.

After leaving the Giants in 1983, Van Pelt played two seasons with the Los Angeles Raiders and one with the Cleveland Browns.

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    thats very sad very young, too young

RIP
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall him as a player at MSU... I think he may have even been used for punt returns at MSU

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Very sad. Way to young. He was a very good linebacker. RIP

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."