Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey Gerry ...

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been watching you methodically swallow the Lincoln Registry sets for the last month or so. Any chance we will get a peek at the set ???

Any Tru-views??

I know you have a couple of coins I would like to drool over in addition to the one's on shylock's site. image
Doug

Comments

• Options
    I agree with Doug! It would be very special to view this set. It's just too nice not to be shared, and many collectors would be so grateful.

RegistryNut image
  • Options

I am pretty sure that Shylock (Paul ?) has imaged a bunch of the coins from the Irwin Collection.
    They were posted online somewhere a while back.
    Maybe if you "google" around a bit you can find them.
    They might be on Chuck's site.

Jack

• Options
    Thank you all for your interest. It is a special year for all Lincoln collectors so I thought I’d register my set in some categories. I’ve been listing slowly because I like to analyze each set in a category before I list it, and that takes time.

One of these days I’ll open a set or two, but then anyone can calculate the results for each subset and I’d like to do that first.

I’m completely incompetent when it comes to scans and pictures, so Paul's site and

Kevin’s forthcoming book are places even I have to look at in order to see pictures.
  • Options

I do love looking at the photos on Paul's site ... but there are not enough proofs! Glad to know there will be some photos in Kevin's book.
    Doug
  • Options

Aren't they wonderful?!!!image

Jack

• Options
    It's hard to even imagine what that 11-D looks like in hand. As far as middle dates, I couldn't even think of picking a favorite from the images. I'm always a sucker for the look of fine p-mints from the 30's, but man the image of that 39-D is unbelievable!!!

I hope Paul won't mind if I link it here:

Doug
  • Options

it's hard to imagine that out of millions of cents with the same date/mint that you could fine ONE coin that was the best.

However, one look at that 39-D and it seems possible that it is THE finest on the planet.

Jack

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Wow That 1939 D blows "my P.O.S." away !

Stewart
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    As we approach the June 30th deadline for posting sets competing for the 2008-2009 PCGS Set Registry for Lincoln cents, it is becoming obvious that the Thomas Irwin Collection is achieving 1st place in most of the sub sets and most importantly in the LINCOLN CENTS COMPLETE VARIETY SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES AND PROOF (1909-PRESENT) That set contains 469 Lincoln cents thru 2008 of which the Thomas Irwin Collection has 453 currently with a GPA of 68.22! Quite an accomplishment Gerry.

I have moved this thread forward from February so that others here who may have missed the original posting by Doug could read the above comments including those by Gerry.

Steveimage
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Gerry,

I'd like to know if your 94DDR (assuming you have a PCGS one imageimage ) is in 66RD and if so, was it the ANACS 66RD or Brud Rich's ANACS 67RD? imageimageimageimage

• Options

<< <i>Wow That 1939 D blows "my P.O.S." away !

Stewart >>

No kidding - That coin is so clean and the surfaces are just pristine. Is the grade an MS68RD?

Edit: Never mind; I found it on Paul's site with a bunch of other coins that are from another planet. All I can say is "Wow!" image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    that's a sweet 1964 sms in there paulimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Total monster coin Ted - how about the toning on the 1966SMS too!