Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 FS-033.5 Not allowed in set

PCGS won't allow my 1972 DDO" because it is an error and not a variety.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    I had the same issue it because the coin was certified prior to PCGS's variety attribution it’s in PCGS’s database as a mint error you have to resubmit it to PCGS and pay to get the Varity Attributed to the coin.

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    You would think they would be able to do something here afterall the coin is graded and attributed by them.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even more frustrating, you get to pay them AGAIN for the variety designation. If you Got $24 (variety designation) + $8(service fee per order) + $17.60 (shipping), they will make it so.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had the same issue it because the coin was certified prior to PCGS's variety attribution it’s in PCGS’s database as a mint error you have to resubmit it to PCGS and pay to get the Varity Attributed to the coin. >>

I think not. If its already attributed as an FS-033.52 DDO (stating that on the label) but cataloged as an error, a simple reholder would do just fine. DDO's are not Mint Error's anyway so I think it would fall under a mechanical regardless of what customer service says.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Its not just a reholder its variety attribution this was likely graded prior to PCGS using FS numbers
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS won't allow my 1972 "E2953 = FS-033.52 DDO" because it is an error and not a variety, but the "38016 = DDO FS-102 (FS-033.52)" is the same coin.

My coin is graded MS66RD. It would be the top pop.

What an interesting scenario.

I've contacted customer service and they said nope. >>

Post a picture please.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>I had the same issue it because the coin was certified prior to PCGS's variety attribution it’s in PCGS’s database as a mint error you have to resubmit it to PCGS and pay to get the Varity Attributed to the coin. >>

• Options

<< <i>image
    image >>

Since it has already been attributed by PCGS you will NOT have to pay an "additional" attribution fee. Just have them reholder it as 38016 as it should be corrected (realizing that when it was attributed, 38016 did not exist). As I stated earlier, Double Dies are not errors anyway, they are varieties.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Finally sent it off with another order. It now has the right coin number.

• Options
    Battle already fought and won. You're Welcome image
  • Options
    Thanks, I did know that, so I didn't send the attribution fees, but it is still too costly to reholder when you include the reholder fee, handling fee, and shipping & handling.

• Options

<< <i>Thanks, I did know that, so I didn't send the attribution fees, but it is still too costly to reholder when you include the reholder fee, handling fee, and shipping & handling. >>

Yes. Playing with slabs can be VERY costly!

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks, I did know that, so I didn't send the attribution fees, but it is still too costly to reholder when you include the reholder fee, handling fee, and shipping & handling. >>

Yes. Playing with slabs can be VERY costly! >>

I sure is, but it sure is fun especially with a result like this one!image