Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Mercury dime registry ranking

I was looking at the Mercury dime registry set ranking and was suprised at how close the sets really areimage The number one and number two set are very close. the number 9 set and down to about number 17 are not that far apart. It wouldn't take a lot to jump up a notch or threeimage Mercury dime sets are fun and for the most part anyone can start one and in a short time can have a very nice short and long short sets.image
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• It is very close as you mentioned. There is a spread between the top 6 and 7. I just was very disapointed that MTH is selling off his set. He was very close to completing it. I really like this group, everyone seems to honestly cheer on the set owners as if was a real team sport. image You know, the only time someone has anything bad to say is when they dont get the grade they hoped for when they send the dimes in for grading.....ie. "were they blind"," did they even look at it", thats about it. I sure hope we have no one else drop out. Having to much fun!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after Much Thought I have decided to QUIT the Registry thing. The main reason for this decision is because I Cannot compete with the Top Sets. If you Cannot do it right the First Time then it is time to get out.
      PCGS has just Destroyed Me on a couple of submissions to them that leaves Me No Hope of Completing the Set in the Grades I desire. Hate to be a Cry Baby but this is how I feel.
        Have for the most part Enjoyed the communication between Myself and Various other Mercury Dime owners and will drop back in from time to time just to say hello and Look at the Ranking Battles within the Registry.
          I suppose this is a Copout but if You Cannot be # 1 why even Compete?? The FUN is GONE if you are not #1.
            YOU
              ACTUALLY
                DON'T
                  BELIEVE
                    THIS
                      DO YOU ?
                        This is the Greatest Bunch of Guys and Greatest Past Time a Person could ask for !!!!!!!!!!! If I was #39 on the list the Enthusiasm would still be THERE.
                          Adolph's Little Lady Rules: Ken
                        1. DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!! You shocked the SSSSSSSSSSSSShtttttttt out of me, till I got to the end of your reply...DONT DO THAT! LOL...image

I must admit, after reading that.......IT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!image
                          See we are all in a good mood.
                          Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
                        2. Damitman,
                          Ken you sly dog you had me going also.
                          I had a big laugh when i got to the end of your post.
                          The Merc collectors are a great bunch, I am happy to be a part of it even thou I keep sliding
                          down the latter.

Rayimageimageimage
                        3. MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
                          Ken:

Unlike Python1, who is quicker on the up-take, for me your message was funny only the second...and third...and fourth times I read it. It was certainly not funny the first; indeed, the first time I actually had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. But now I can see the humor in it and am glad that it was only in jest!

Mark
                          Mark

4. gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
                          I almost didn't finish reading it,and was going to PM you .Al
                        5. CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                          I'm glad it was only a joke. That really would have been a copout.

I hope to have 4 coins to add to my set by the end of the week. No MS67 or 68 FB's, but maybe I'll be able to edge up in the rankings. Some of the common dates haven't been that easy to find eBay or in dealers' price lists. The pops are high, but maybe dealers think they're just too inexpensive to be bothered with. It's frustrating not to be able to find them easily, but it makes the hunt for them more fun, and I'll appreciate them more when I finally find them.

Jim
                          Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
                        6. gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
                          Jim,
                          Im having the same problemimage I just wont buy a junker just for the number.I need better contactsimage.Al
                        7. PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
                          I'm hoping to add a coin or two IF PCGS grades them right the first timeimage I hope to stay at least the same if not maybe even move up one spot.
                          This is a great set of collectorsimage
                          Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

8. FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
                          OK no More Devious Posts from Me in the Future. Just had too much idle time on My hands yesterday.
                            Today was quite different seems how most of it was spent tromping around in the fine Oregon Mud chaseing a little white ball that is eventually suppose to end up in a small cup after being hit 125 to 400+ yards. Now that Game is Something I could QUIT.
                              Really,and I Really mean this, It is a Pleasure watching everyone jostle back and forth within the Registry trying to update and complete thier Mercury Sets. Everyone has been a Joy to communicate with and nothing short of a Disaster would make me give this up.
                                My only GRIPE is that almost everytime I think about bidding on a Merc on Ebay one have you guys already have a Bid Posted. Slow Down give a Old Man a chance.image How in the Heck will I ever Finish the Set if you Guys keep beating me to the Dimes??image
                                  As Always Take Care: Ken
                                1. PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                  I don't do the ebay thing I like to see the coin in person or at least have some knowedge of whom I am buying from. I will be selling my 1923 MS63FB and my 1939-D MS66FB soon. this is because I upgraded them.