Anyone have idea of value

Comments

• theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    ballpark guess $125

low end $39

really depends on markets.
  • DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    "eye of beholder" comes to mind.

These were quite popular in 19th and early 20th century from what i've read, although like anything else, the quality varied widely depending on the skill (and patience!) of the artist. Personally, I like to see them as they are certainly artistic and gives an insight into what was in style during this elegant period. sorry i can't help with value, but i have seen some go for around $300 (the Crowns), but they were extremely well done; i seem to recall that example being a Spinks auction last summer.
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    There is, I admit, a certain appeal to enameled coins.

Alas, I am not enamored of the enameled...

Exceptions might be made for enameled coins that were altered within the historical period.

Howsomever, the modern enameling of an 1890 Morgan dollar received as a b'day present from my brother is not valuable because of its condition, but because of its source.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    At English auction houses such as Dix Noonan Webb the crown would bring a tidy sum of money given the workmanship on that piece.

You should also search eBay for enamel* in the world coins section. I've seen these listed for, and selling for $300+ in the past.

The other 2 would fetch quite a bit less, but still, with 5 colors, a decent amount.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm