Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Where are the 2009 Sac/crap Dollars??? Any PCGS coins yet? Top Grades?

Well folks, these were released in January, with lots of fanfare and talk of them. NOW, my question is, what are the PCGS top pops at the moment. P and D and position A and B.

As anyone found any 68s yet? The reason I ask is I have yet to see the "regulars" offering any for sale.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to include these in the Sac registry or start a whole new one? I am going to collect these, not for the reverse, which is imo, crap (no offense intended to those who like the new designs) but because I still like the Sac Dollars.

Please update!

Comments

• Options
    Last time I checked there were not 68's yet. I was able to land a 67, Pos B "D"on E-Bay. I seen a couple there, not much. Pop on mine at the time was 22 none higher and 3 lower. I noticed the the Pos A on the Denver was about 18 none higher with 6 lower....Don't quote me on that! image Good Luck! I'll be checking for anything higher!
    Earlycoin
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there going to be any regular eagle reverse 2009 Dollars?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones I got are too beat up to even think about submitting any of them. That edge lettering tumble mill they go thru really beats them up. Just like the circulation Pres. dollars.
    Saw some 67's on eBay this week end.
    Gary the eagle is gone.

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I have a pair of P mints submitted now. Package was delivered to PCGS today, but does not show on the system yet. Maybe I will get a 68.... I had to come up with two more coins before my freebies expired, so I went through a few rolls and picked the best. Interestingly, one is satiny finish, and the other is highly mirrored like the non-cameo 1967 SMS coins.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I'm with you I like the old Sac. dollars and hope PCGS does NOT include them with the Sac registry set. image
    Past BST deals baddogss,llafoe,braddick,wondercoin,fireman2030, ProofCollection, SNMAN,halfnut1
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I find it unusual that so few are being submitted. I wonder why? Coinfame, Tazmic?

I am not aware of any regular reverse coins for 2009. As far as I know there will be only the new "native american reverse".image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Gary the eagle is gone."

I thought so. What happens in 2010 and beyond?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What happens in 2010 and beyond? >>

They are doing new reverses until at least 2016.

The mint website says:

The 2009 Native American $1 Coin reverse features a Native American woman planting seeds in a field of corn, beans and squash and the inscriptions UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and $1.

Until the conclusion of the Presidential $1 Coin Program, the coins will be issued, to the maximum extent practicable, in chronological order of the events or lives of the persons being featured on the reverse design. In general, five distinct $1 coins will be issued each year -- four Presidential $1 Coins and one Native American $1 Coin. After the completion of the Presidential $1 Coin Program, the Native American $1 Coin Program will continue, featuring designs in any order determined to be appropriate by the Secretary of the Treasury after consultation with the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, the House of Representatives Congressional Native American Caucus and the National Congress of American Indians.

The United States Mint will prepare a timeline of events and personal contributions of Native Americans for the program until at least 2016. This timeline will be used to create candidate designs for consideration. At various stages in the evaluation process, the United States Mint will consult with the Committee on Indian Affairs, Congressional Native American Caucus, National Congress of American Indians, U.S. Commission of Fine Arts and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee. The Secretary of the Treasury makes the final selection of designs to be minted and issued.

The United States Mint will continue to produce Presidential $1 Coins and Native American $1 Coins so that the total quantity of $1 coins minted and issued for circulation is sufficient to meet the needs of the Nation. The law requires that at least 20 percent of all such $1 coins minted and issued in any year be Native American $1 Coins.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Coins in for grading, coins on their way back, and lot's more searching going on

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    The quality sucks from the mint and it is not worth the search for what the market will yield at this point. most likley the prices for 7's are not very high and the chance of an ms68 is very slim from what i have seen. I have some P's in and should yield a few 7's from 50 special mint rolls. The 50 rolls d'd were so bad i sent 48 of them back as the quality is just not acceptable
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have personally screened a ton of both P and D coins and, like, Mark, would agree the quality is far worse than typical Sac Dollar coins. In fact, I believe the D may have been even worse than the P! But, I also remember feeling the exact same way when I got back from Walmart in 2000 and screened the first year Sacs (which were sold at face value at WalMart). And, what a great rarity those 2000 Sacs produced - the MS69 business strike coins. Just -2- D coins in MS69 (I slabbed them both and still have the nicest coin in my set) and -6- "purported" P MS69's - I still am not sure most or all of these have ever surfaced? No registry set has ever had one - no?
    I still wonder if one or more of these -6- were Goodacre coins.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I noticed the first 2009 MS68 Sac Dollar is for sale on Ebay for $5K.
    The auction states it is a pop 1 at the moment. It looks like a nice coin but 5k in this market seems a bit high in my opinion.

It appears that this coin is for sale by a fellow board member.

• Options

<< <i>I noticed the first 2009 MS68 Sac Dollar is for sale on Ebay for $5K. The auction states it is the only one at the moment. It looks like a nice coin but 5k in this market seems a bit high in my opinion. Anybody deal with the seller? I dont recognize them. >>

Soon we will know, maybe
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The United States Mint will continue to produce Presidential $1 Coins and Native American $1 Coins so that the total quantity of $1 coins minted and issued for circulation is sufficient to meet the needs of the Nation. The law requires that at least 20 percent of all such $1 coins minted and issued in any year be Native American $1 Coins. >>

That particular "need" could prove to be EXTREMELY LOW if they do not sack the rag buck!

Consider this,

Production on the Presidentials, with the exception of the Jackson Dollar, have been slowly declining since they were introdiced and the coins simply do not circulate.

I'm guessing that within the next couple of years (maybe sooner) all these coins will only be available from the US Mint in either rolls or bags and possibly Direct Ship. There just is not ANY demand for them except from COLLECTORS and the only folks that DO spend them, are COLLECTORS.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    It will be like the Treasury release of the 60's, the only difference will be these are clad and not worth much.

Have any Plain Edge Lettering Sacs been found?
  • Options
    $5,295 hah! Anybody from the "silverstate" must be low on dough after that sort of search. i would not pay a penny over $5K!
  • Options
    I've got the "over/under" set at $500 for a P mint MS68 coin in 90 days. Who's taking the "over" and who's taking the "under"?

Wondercoinimage
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Just a matter of time for those 68's

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I have thought about trying to build a set of Sac's in Business strike ONLY, grade MS68. Getting lazy since I sold off my Roosie set.
    Rolls can still be bought, even if some years/mints are getting pricey..
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i> << I noticed the first 2009 MS68 Sac Dollar is for sale on Ebay for $5K. The auction states it is the only one at the moment. It looks like a nice coin but 5k in this market seems a bit high in my opinion. Anybody deal with the seller? I dont recognize them. >> >>

<< <i>It appears that this coin is for sale by a fellow board member. >>

When will we all know? image
  • Options
    Mitch, over under $500 in 90 days? I will take over by a good margin.
  • Options
    Can't a guy have a fishing trip in peace?

First on the block can ask whatever they like.
    Sometimes they get a bite!

• Options
    "Mitch, over under $500 in 90 days? I will take over by a good margin."

Ok - We'll have some fun watching then where it all stands 5/27/09. Remember, my "over under" is for P mint only coins. A legit sale of either position P mint coin under $500 wins for the "under". To make it interesting, I'll then take the "under". If I "lose", I have a giveaway contest here for a free $50 coin to a lucky board member. If Mark wants to do the same if he loses, that is entirely up to him.

$500 even is a "push".

Wondercoin image
  • Options
    Hey, here's another pop 1

2009-P kennedy PCGS MS 68
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, here's another pop 1

2009-P kennedy PCGS MS 68 >>

How is it possible you are selling a coin not in the Pop report? The 3 09-P's in the updated pop report are two 66's and one 67 that I just made........
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey, here's another pop 1

2009-P kennedy PCGS MS 68 >>

How is it possible you are selling a coin not in the Pop report? The 3 09-P's in the updated pop report are two 66's and one 67 that I just made........ >>

The PCGS 2009-P Kennedy half coin number is 407277 if you want look up the pop numbers. It was just updated Sunday March 1st.
  • Options
    Manorcourtman, you need to relax and breath deep
  • Options

<< <i>Manorcourtman, you need to relax and breath deep
    image >>

Ok! You must have searched a million of them!image
  • Options
    I have found that some of the "big" submittors receive their coins before the pop report is updated. I dont know why, but it sure would help them. lol

Any MEL 2009 Sacs yet?
  • Options
    It's simple. Until you take physical possesion and have paid for the coins they do not hit the pop report. It might be delayed from there if they do not run the load procedure to the database.
  • Options
    Thanks Datentype.
    Any update on the submittors front or should I say graders front? lol
  • Options
    No ms68 natives for me. Has any body found and 2009 P & D ms67 Kennedy's except for me or ms68's?
  • Options

<< <i>Has any body found and 2009 P & D ms67 Kennedy's except for me or ms68's? >>

I'm sure more will be graded, image
  • Options
    "I'm sure more will be graded"

MAS - Didn't the two of us make nearly every 2008-D Kennedy PCGS-MS67 in the pop report last year? I think I made about 16 or 20 MS67 coins myself last year.

I will be "doing" the 2009 MS Kennedys later this month. I got too busy on another couple projects in February.

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>MAS - Didn't the two of us make nearly every 2008-D Kennedy PCGS-MS67 in the pop report last year? I think I made about 16 or 20 MS67 coins myself last year. >>

I believe so Wondercoin, we made a small handfull early on along with the First P mint 2008 MS68 Kennedy, pop 2 now? I see the 2009 P MS68 was re-priced and sold.

Someone make more, yet image
  • Options
    Haven't made the MS68 2009 Sac yet, but did get in a couple WEAK EDGE PCGS-MS67 coins. Anyone know the pops on weaks? Full rimless probably right around the corner for someone. CHeck your rims guys!!!

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I did some rim checking last night!image
  • Options
    LOL !!!!
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I have not even started yet, I just waiting for you guys to get the easy stuff out of the way.
  • Options
    Skunked on our first order of 2009 Kennedy & ran out of the Sacagawea MS67s quickly. No MS68s over here.

Busy days, sorry for the late report. image
    Seth
  • Options
    delicious, any mels? now theres a coin i reallyyy want.
    YN Sac collector!!!

To legit to quit!
  • Options

<< <i>Mitch, over under $500 in 90 days? I will take over by a good margin. >>

....were half way through....

Any signs of another MS68 Native American?

• Options
    It looks like it may take another couple months as PCGS appears far too backed up right now to get to the coins. The FDI Lincoln cents and all the other big projects take precedence over Native American Dollars. No complaints here - it's good to see PCGS this busy.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Yes.
    PCGS is slammed right now.
    The coin economy is making a small comeback...

• Options

<< <i>Yes.
    PCGS is slammed right now.
    The coin economy is making a small comeback...

image >>

Busy time of year for sure! The Lincoln Commems seem to be very popular at the moment. image
    Seth
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>It looks like it may take another couple months as PCGS appears far too backed up right now to get to the coins. The FDI Lincoln cents and all the other big projects take precedence over Native American Dollars. No complaints here - it's good to see PCGS this busy.

Wondercoin >>

PCGS whipped out my order of mod sacs in 5 days last week. I made Pos A and B 09-D's in 67, from direct ship coins. The A's were easier than the B's. Prices are real soft even considering the low POP 37 for the B's and a little over $100... 3:1 A's vs B

Mitch - please stop destroying the undergrades. 08-D's were tough but I can't get jack for a 67 cause you made 700 of them.
  • Options
    Nearly finished on 08-D Sacs. Have less than 500-1,000 more coins to screen and submit.

I should end up screening the better part of 100,000 business strike coins this month (assorted denominations). Getting my daughter to have 2 days off a week from college (15 credits on 3 school days) has added 25,000+ coins output (she can now easily screen 5,000-10,000 coins a day with incredible precision - beats waitering tables which I did all throughout school to pay the bills). Justin is so busy with his "AP/IB programs" and a school musical in 11th grade- I won't get his "output" on board for a few more years to come. And, if he keeps the dream of "scientist" alive - maybe not for a much longer time. The key is to get those teenagers working after school for a couple hours in some good clean work!!

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Mitch,

When she's done over there, send her over here to search a few bricks for us too would ya? image

Seth
    Seth
  • Options
    It would make the Thanksgiving family dinner a bit awkward if Lauren headed off to the "competition" so early in her career! image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Too Funny! image
    Seth