Home Sports Talk
Options

A BIG IF.......

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
IF Manny Ramirez is clean he is the BEST player of this generation. Yup, better than Griffey and Frank Thomas ect.. ( Just my feelings anyways ).

But I do believe he took them.

Comments

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I would tend to agree. If Griffey had stayed healthy then I think he would be hands done the greatest.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Manny is clearly the best clean HITTER of this generation (assuming he's clean, which I think he is), but I'd still give Griffey the nod for best overall player, despite the injuries.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ill take class over @ ss any day of the week...and when Griffey and Hurt were on their games, no one was better. Man Ram has aged better, but will wait
    for the hall like all cancers.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Ill take class over @ ss any day of the week...and when Griffey and Hurt were on their games, no one was better. Man Ram has aged better, but will wait
    for the hall like all cancers.

JS >>

Wow, your acting like Manny was acting up his entire Red Sox career when in fact he really only caused clubhouse issues in '08.

Without Manny the Sox would not be World Chamions in '04 & '07
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without Manny the Sox would not be World Chamions in '04 & '07

Absolutely...love him or hate him, he was instrumental in bringing those two titles to a city that was STARVED for a World Series championship..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Not sure if Thomas is even in the conversation. Manny is hands down #1, I think.
    Ya know who floats under the radar is Mariano Rivera
  • Options
    Manny has been a jerk his entire career, if two championships erase that in Boston fan's head, then so be it, I know a bunch of other players
    who might have something to say about Man Ram winning Boston two rings!

Thomas has been hurt on and off in his career, but when he was healthy he could do it all...hit for average AND power (without the juice)!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no doubt Manny was/is a great hitter, but he can't field outside of Fenway, can't run the bases, doesn't pay attention well. Great hitter though, yes indeed. Griffey had all the tools, he's the best clean player of the roids generation
  • Options
    Go play with your worthless Heritage sets.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    manny,ard,jeter,sheffield,the griff, all hofer, just not football head, cause he sucks ,and is gonna boycott the hof anyways, not like anyones ever gonna let him in, look at roger marris? scewed,blued,and tattooed, and he had 61!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ill take class over @ ss any day of the week

Wow - this from the biggest @ ss on this board. Typical, I bet you are one of those do as I say not as I do kinda fella
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options

<< <i>Ill take class over @ ss any day of the week

Wow - this from the biggest @ ss on this board. Typical, I bet you are one of those do as I say not as I do kinda fella >>

"Now listen son, dont you EVER Smoke! Its very very very bad! Understand?"
  • Options
    wow, that was weak.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    My vote would be for Greg Maddux
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I would actually agree with Manny being the best. ARod is just digging a deeper and deeper hole. He should not have said that much at the press conference. IMO

Griffey would be right up there, without all the injuries. I would also add Jeter, and Mariano Rivera to the list
  • Options
    he is a great hitter, but a below average fielder, lazy and he lacks character and class. That drops him below folks like Griffey, way below in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>he is a great hitter, but a below average fielder, lazy and he lacks character and class. That drops him below folks like Griffey, way below in my humble opinion. >>

don't forget that he is a below average runner