Home Sports Talk
Options

Cowboys haven't been able to sell naming rights to new stadium

Jerry Jones is looking for a blockbuster deal but in this economy nobody is showing him the kind of money he is looking for. It is possible
they will start the season just calling it something like "Cowboys Stadium" for the time being.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    And he hasn't sold out the 100k+ seats (all requiring PSLs). It really would be a shame if the D/FW metroplex cannot watch the Arlington Cowboys on TV due to blackout restrictions.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I think PSA should consider sponsorship; for one dollar image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had the money to buy the naming rights then I would call it "Cowboys Suck" stadium
  • Options

<< <i>And he hasn't sold out the 100k+ seats (all requiring PSLs). It really would be a shame if the D/FW metroplex cannot watch the Arlington Cowboys on TV due to blackout restrictions.

image >>

Not to mention the possible/likely away games on the NFL Network. Jones is its biggest supporter.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    The NFL should just shut down the NFL network and sell the game rights to someone else that would give the games a wider audience.