Home Sports Talk
Options

Bucs Will Not Keep Garcia

Interesting but not surprising I guess with the new coach and GM.

But what direction will they go? Grab someone in free agency?

One thought from a Tampa TV station -

"The quarterback's name we're hearing is Josh Johnson. There is a belief within the team that if the fifth-round draft pick from last year works very hard this offseason, he'll be given a fair shot to be the Bucs' new starting QB. If he doesn't develop quickly enough, the Bucs can turn to Luke McCown, whom they just re-signed last week."

Personally I would pay him a mil if he agreed to parade his wife around the training room once a week. image

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HO-HUM sounds like a rebuilding project in SUCS camp.

LMAO
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Personally I would pay him a mil if he agreed to parade his wife around the training room once a week. >>>

I assume you talking about Garcia? His wife is WAY out of league looks-wise....
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Johnson is a year or so away from playing the pro game even though there are some who say he is the future of the bucs. There are people who like McCown but
    the 1-5 record as a starter bothers me. I have heard all kinds of rumors, one of which involves Leftwich. As we all know teams looking for a QB are finding no
    good free agents and a weak QB class in the draft. Much like the coaching situation, I think a lot of teams will just try to make it through this next year and then
    try to get a stud (coach or QB) next season.

Personally I'm not excited about any options we have now, even though McCown has looked good at times. If all it takes is a first and a third to get a guy like
    Cassels, then Im into that. The O line is in good shape, and we are only missing a legit pass rusher on defense. If we can pick up a decent QB and perhaps
    get a Haynesworth, then we can make a run, anything short of that and Perkdog might be right!

JS
  • Options
    Good news, IMO. I said it before the season was even over but this next season, and possibly the one following, will not be very pretty for the Bucs. I'm optimistic for the future though image
  • Options
    Given the recent history of QBs and RBs taking over a year to truly recoup from major knee injuries, I don't think the Pats are letting go of Cassel.

The Hoodie may be a jerk, but he's a smart jerk. He'll play it safe and dance with the ones that brung him, Brady and Cassel. Brady may not be ready for full time duty this season.

I thought of Leftwich. There isn't much else.

Grossman? Might be there if Garcia signs with the Bears.

They might just hang tight and take their chances.

Here's a list -

Free Agent QBs

BTW - revenge will be sweet at the Linc this year!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Leftwich loves the Steelers but I think he is good enough to start in the league still so he will get a shot. The Bucs could probably do alot worse in a 1 year situation.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sucs can have Cassel for a first, a second, and a veteran cornerback.
  • Options
    Can the patriots afford to pay two QB's that much money? I don't know.

Maybe the hoodie cashed in some kodac stock!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can the patriots afford to pay two QB's that much money? I don't know.

Maybe the hoodie cashed in some kodac stock! >>

image Jealousy rears its ugly head once again! You only wish you could have a top tier QB let alone 2!

I could see Cassel in a SUCS Uni, definately for a couple picks- one being a first rounder.
  • Options
    Cassells had a good year, but it helps when you throwing it to Moss and Welker. If we get him we will "pay you back" in London!

LOL
    JS
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, Jeff seemed to be a 'perfect fit'. Pathetic QB, pathetic team. A match made in Heaven.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs fans - Can you say 4 - 12 next season?