Home Sports Talk
Options

I hope Rocco Baldelli is ready to play

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not joking around when I say I do not have much optimism with our lineup this year. Baldelli cannot play consistently enough to count on him- same with Drew ( She is not built for a full season )

Papi best get back to his 40 HR strength or we will have some issues IMO.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Ortiz wasn't on the juice or he is trying to throw an okie doke on us. BTW he says his wrists feel fine.

Ortiz wan'ts 1 year bans for steroids use
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Relying on Rocco to be healthy = bad move
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Looks like Ortiz wasn't on the juice or he is trying to throw an okie doke on us. BTW he says his wrists feel fine.>>>

He'll look like a real idiot if his is one of the other 103 names on the list....
  • Options
    <<<Im not joking around when I say I do not have much optimism with our lineup this year.>>>

Hopefully, the pitching will be good enough that the drop off in hitting won't have a measurable impact on wins/losses....they have, what seems like on paper, one of the deepest pitching staffs in recent memory...they have 4 legitimate 8th-inning type setup men (Masterson, Saito, Okajima, Ramirez)....it's absolutely silly that Delcarmen is their mop-up guy.

The key is Ellsbury. If he doesn't have a .375 OBP or better, they will struggle, because outside of 2-5 (Pedroia, Ortiz, Youk, Bay), there are a lot of question marks.
  • Options
    Thats a pretty strong 2-5 though. I would look to Bay in having a good year as he will be more acclimated to the team and the area. The Sox's pitching is sick and I bet they add even more.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF has JD Blew been doing in the off-season to get hurt? image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WTF has JD Blew been doing in the off-season to get hurt? image >>

respiration
  • Options
    I honestly think the sox will finish 3rd in the division this year.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom or bust season, depending on health. We could sure use a catcher with some pop again though.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I hear Ivan Rodriguez is available
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I think the Red Sox knew that they couldn't count on Drew and Baldelli all season so they went out and signed Kotsay. He just had surgery? Oops. Good thing they signed Wilkerson because it looks like there will be a real need for him. It's just too bad that Wilkerson's hitting makes Varitek look like an All-Star again.

Once Kotsay comes back the Sox should be in better shape in the OF. Of course, if Bay or Ellsbury gets hurt early in the season they'll be screwed. It makes me wish we still had Coco around.
  • Options
    <<<I honestly think the sox will finish 3rd in the division this year. >>>

Completely possible. At the end of the day, the Sox, Yanks, and Rays are so close to one another, as another poster pointed out, it really just comes down to injuries. The Sox can afford 1 or 2 injuries in the pitching staff, but they can't afford ANY in the meat of their order. For the Yanks, it's the opposite....and the Rays can't really afford any anywhere (hence the advantages of $140m plus payrolls).
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<<I honestly think the sox will finish 3rd in the division this year. >>>

Completely possible. At the end of the day, the Sox, Yanks, and Rays are so close to one another, as another poster pointed out, it really just comes down to injuries. The Sox can afford 1 or 2 injuries in the pitching staff, but they can't afford ANY in the meat of their order. For the Yanks, it's the opposite....and the Rays can't really afford any anywhere (hence the advantages of $140m plus payrolls). >>

Agreed, although if all three teams stay healthy I believe we will be in a pitched battle for second place. Im not saying who I think is going to win the division though image
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    I hope Rocco is ready to play and I`m a Yankee fan. I always liked the way he played the game.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yep me too, I like that kid.

Steve
    Good for you.