Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WINNER !!! What is your favorite picture of Crazy Horse -prizes, Prizes , PRIZES

In the recent infamous "What baseball player appears on only one card ? " thread , a suggestion was made on page 7 , by Allen , the master collector , that he thought the thread would've been funnier if we discuused " Which picture of Crazy Horse is the best ? ".

We need to be civil here and avoid any spelling variations , with postings , of Crazy Horse , such as a dropped ( s ) or a dropped ( E ). Further more , we must attempt to steer clear of any photoshopped pictures , ( although funny ones are surely welcomed ), and any insulting referenses to the above mentioned terrible but funny thread . This may not be as funny as the last thread turned into , but its winter time as we need to hang on until spring. so let the humor begin.

If this turns into a worthy thread , I will pick a a judge from the participants , to pick the winner. If this thread gets POOFED , all bets are off.

PRIZES. --- I have many, many graded cards and even more ungraded cards. They span over 70 years , so hopefully I might be able to find something worthy.

Lets have some fun-----maybe----- Sonny
" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Besides the horse be funny, the kid taking a dump in his pants is priceless image

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭

this thing is going to make mt rushmore look like a pimple if they ever get it done, its amazing, small one of what its gonna look like, background with the hole is the statue that is enormous, you can see the beginnings of the face there now, take another 150 ears to do, or longer, indians rule, rock on,image
  • Options
    closer-anybody on here been there? started 1948- 61 years ago-i just read that, its gonna be another 250 years before they ever get this thing done, it will be the largest stone monument in the world, to a man that we screwed over,big time
    custers last words " lool at all- nevermindimage
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I was there a couple times. The first was back in the late 80's and Crazyhorse was just getting started but you could somewhat see how it was going to be layed out. I was there just a few years ago and was amazed at how defined the face was getting.

The black hills is a great place to run away to it unique in so many ways. Plus there is gambling in Deadwood now! Woot!
  • Options
    i would love to see it, alost 600x 600 feet when its done, look at the semi in the road,it looks like a dwarf
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping someone would get the joke. I think I should get a prize for spawning this thread and knocking fandango another peg.

There is a correct answer to this question by the way.
  • Options
    those toys at walmart are horny!
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>I was hoping someone would get the joke. I think I should get a prize for spawning this thread and knocking fandango another peg.

There is a correct answer to this question by the way. >>

• Options

Believed to be the only existing picture of Crazy Horse :

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Will PSA holder this ?

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch

AKA Elroy Leon Hirsch

Born: 17-Jun-1923
    Birthplace: Wausau, WI
    Died: 28-Jan-2004
    Location of death: Madison, WI
    Cause of death: Natural Causes

Race or Ethnicity: White
    Sexual orientation: Straight

Nationality: United States
    Executive summary: LA Rams halfback 1949-57

Military service: USMC (1943-46)

Wrote Francis Powers of the Chicago Daily News, "Hirsch ran like a demented duck. His crazy legs were gyrating in six different directions all at the same time during a 61-yard touchdown run that solidified the win."

Father: Otto Hirsch
    Wife: Ruth Stahmer (m. 1946, until his death, two children)
    Son: Winn Hirsch
    Daughter: Patty Malmquist

High School: Wausau High School, Wausau, WI
    University: University of Wisconsin at Madison (one year in 1942)
    University: University of Michigan (one year in 1943)
    Administrator: Director of Athletics, University of Wisconsin at Madison (1969-87)

Pro Football Hall of Fame 1974

SPORTS FRANCHISE HISTORY
    Los Angeles Rams General Manager
    Los Angeles Rams 1949-57

FILMOGRAPHY AS ACTOR
    Zero Hour! (13-Nov-1957)
    Unchained (19-Jan-1955)

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was hoping someone would get the joke. I think I should get a prize for spawning this thread and knocking fandango another peg.

Allen , you get to pick the winner out of the lot. It can be funny or non-funny.

Please try to not treat this like a senate seat that is for sale.image

Hopefully I'll be able to match something nice with the winner.----Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

A horse walks into a bar.

Bartender asks : "Why the long face?"

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    I went there back in 1996,...Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Mt. were greatl...but my absolute favorite was riding through the Badlands at Night during a lightning storm....too COOL to describe in words!
  • Options
    You got to love Vegas

Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    Still have not seen the correct answer.
  • Options
    "did i win yet- "you cant find a horse bigger than 600x600 feetimage
  • Options

<< <i>Still have not seen the correct answer. >>

WTFimage
  • Options

<< <i>"did i win yet- "you cant find a horse bigger than 600x600 feetimage >>

yeah, but mine has women in there that i can show pictures of.image
    Bill
    sets in progress
  • Options
    Like I said there is a correct answer to the question. If there nobody gets it I will offer my Master Collector advice on who should win.

This is much like Tom Tucker's question:

Tom Tucker: Question number two. Look at my mustache. Do you think it tickles women when I kiss them?

Boy: I don't know.

Tom Tucker: Wrong. The answer is "only slightly." Only slightly. Next!
  • Options
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Like I said there is a correct answer to the question. If there nobody gets it I will offer my Master Collector advice on who should win.

This is much like Tom Tucker's question:

Tom Tucker: Question number two. Look at my mustache. Do you think it tickles women when I kiss them?

Boy: I don't know.

Tom Tucker: Wrong. The answer is "only slightly." Only slightly. Next! >>

Dude, What are you smoking?
    there is no right or wrong answer. is says what is? as in your opinion.

its not even your thread.
    Bill
    sets in progress
  • Options
    Go read a history book Bill. The question is the same as asking "What is your favorite picture of Jesus Christ?". I am sure that will fly right over your head also.

As for your "its not even your thread." comment. How about you take 30 seconds, or in your illiterate-hooked-on-phonics case 39 minutes, and read the first page where the calaban7, the thread creator gave me permission to select the winner.
  • Options

HIGH FIVE FOR JESUS
    Bill
    sets in progress
  • Options
  • Options
    well, at least its card related,thats a cool card,what is itimage
  • Options

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

Timothy John Foli (born December 8, 1950), nicknamed Crazy Horse, is a former shortstop in Major League Baseball who played for the New York Mets, Montreal Expos, San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates, California Angels and New York Yankees from 1970 to 1985

<< <i>image >>

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    He is not the only Crazy Horse depicted on a trading card.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A horse walks into a bar.

Bartender asks : "Why the long face?" >>

An amnesiac walks into a bar, spots a gorgeous blond and asks her, "So, do I come here often?"
  • Options

A skeleton walks into a bar.

Orders a beer and a mop ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A blind man walks into a bar, and says, "ouch".
  • Options

i know allen, you try this all the time....does it make you feel more like a man to "knock me down a peg"

that is truly a sad commentary on your real life.....you wasted your time and thought, trying to come up with a thread to knock down someone you have never met! i hope you feel proud...i hope your family (if you have one) is proud of their daddy

• Options
    Albert Pujols is proud of me and we both know that is all that really matters.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Albert Pujols is proud of me and we both know that is all that really matters. >>

Allen , I am proud of you for coming up with the idea for this thread.

Pujols told me himself.
  • Options
    Allen , If you would , go ahead and pick the best answer given so far. It may not be the correct answer, but I'm trying to avoid a marathon guessing game. There has been some funny answers. There has been some clever ones as well. Simply pick the best one , from your view point.

Please just pick . Thanks---Sonny
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Very few people outside football understand that - but being a Liverpool FC fan since 1974 - I remember Emlyn Hughes.

do you have that card ?
  • Options
    Allen has asked me to pick the winner. I thought Matt's picture was funny. I thought Ichiro...... was normal for his posts, although a horny horse is not a crazy horse. Iwas wondering what kind of drink "Crazy horse "was ? My younger sons thought the picture of the horse in the car and the bear riding the horse were kool. One day , I'd love to go to the crazy horse gentleman's club , but now is not that day. But------------

The winner is Jimrad for his Tim Foli card. Jim , if you can PM me with your collecting interest , hopefully I'll have something.

Allen, Again thanks for the idea's and keep the pegs flying.--------Sonny