Home Sports Talk
Options

abreau 1 year/5 million??

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
just me or is that a bargain? Im not sure how easy his incentives are, but in this day and age, a well rounded offensive player for such a meager base sum... I wonder what's going on behind the scenes to make him such an undesirable?

Comments

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    A bargain. Solid player.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Union is going to be yelling collusion in about 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.................
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Has this guy done anything after that home run derby roid fest?
  • Options
    That is a bargain.

THe Cubs signed Milton Bradley to a 3yr/30 million deal. He is made of glass.

In this age of salaries, Abreu is a good bargain.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Union is going to be yelling collusion in about 5, 4, 3, 2, 1................. >>

don't think so. No complaints about Dunn's signing for $10 million per year for two years with the Nats. No doubt Abreu's contract has plenty of incentives. Incentives seem to be the way to go these days. Teams are recognizing the state of the economy and the market. That's not collusion, that's good business.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    It'll never happen, but I wish all contracts were incentive-laden....
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Someone should tell that to the Phillies, they have been overpaying up the wazoo
    as of late.

It's ok we are told since it is their players.

Whatever that means.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salaries of Abreu and Dunn of late seem almost collusion-like...perhaps teams are privvy to info not "released" to the public yet...at 5M a year, Mets should have otherwise made an offer to Abreu to bolster a shaky OF...or maybe the Wilpons lost a lot more money with Madoff than we'd like to think.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Are the Mets even the third best team in the NL East this year?
  • Options
    Are the Mets even the third best team in the NL East this year?

Umm, I don't know, did the Bucs clinch a playoff spot yet?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bargains" such as this seem to usually not turn out to be bargains.
  • Options

<< <i>Are the Mets even the third best team in the NL East this year? >>

The Mets not making the playoffs is a sure thing - What's the over/under on the elimination date? Around early September?
  • Options
    Are the Mets even the third best team in the NL East this year? >>

The Mets not making the playoffs is a sure thing - What's the over/under on the elimination date? Around early September?

Steve,

Good thing you have that extra kidney from the over play I gave you on Warner's total passing yardage in the Super Bowl...you're going to need it come October!!

• Options

<< <i> Are the Mets even the third best team in the NL East this year? >>

Steve,

Good thing you have that extra kidney from the over play I gave you on Warner's total passing yardage in the Super Bowl...you're going to need it come October!! >>

When the Phils beat out the Mets AGAIN for the NL East title, I don't know what the yell I'm gonna do with 3 kidneys. image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    id hit it
  • Options
    Hey Rube! You forgot the B/S/T board! image

• Options
    I think the Mets have a pretty solid team. They might even have Freddy Garcia as their 5th starter image lol.

p.s. tough economy, greedy agents and players = sitting on your ass too long and now you got a cheap contract!

p.p.s Abreu is a lousy fielder these days.