Home Sports Talk
Options

Kudos To Roy Oswalt For Coming Out Public Against AROD ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
Kudos to Roy Oswalt for coming out publicly against Alex Rodriguez. Oswalt is quoted as saying:

"A-Rod's numbers shouldn't count for anything," "I feel like he cheated me out of the game." "It does bother me," "Especially for the guys that went out there and did it on talent. We're always going to have a cloud on us, and that's not fair at all." "The ones that have come out and admitted it, and are proven guilty, [their numbers] should not count. I've been cheated out of the game," "This is my ninth year, and I've done nothing to enhance my performance, other than work my butt off to get guys out. These guys [who took PEDs] have all the talent in the world. All-Star talent. And they put times two on it." "I'm going out there with the ability God gave me. They have that ability, too, and they're putting something on top of it." "The few times we played them, when he got hits, it could have cost me a game," "It could have cost me money in my contract. He cheated me out of the game and I take it personally, because I've never done [PEDs], haven't done it, and they're cheating me out of the game."

Courtesy of Baseball-Reference, here are AROD's games against Oswalt. All toll, AROD went 3 for 7 with 2 doubles, 1 home run and 3 RBIs.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are Oswalt's numbers against Bonds?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

Roy-Freaking-O is the man.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Roid Oswalt
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go Roy. image
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Don't be giving Roy boy high fives until he starts discussing all he knows about the players who use PEDs.

He is rightfully piling on A-Rod and that is cool, but let's hear some other stuff he knows about starting with his own locker room.

• Options
    I like his reply as well, but as sagard said, it isn't enough.

The first question I would ask him is, "How many wins did Jeff Bagwell get you from PED usage?"

If he doesn't get on Bagwell, then his words are empty.
  • Options
    And if Bagwell is clean, you will be the last to apologize for tossing irresponsible accusations.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    The only irresponsible people have been the MLB players union, and their management. They owe an apology to our society for basically promoting PED use to the youth of our nation.

It is a fair question to ask Oswalt.
  • Options
    What's more irresponsible?

Turning a blind eye or leading a which hunt, regardless of who is thrown in the fire (innocent or not)?

Guess it depends on your perspective but I think they are both equally irresponsible.
  • Options

<< <i>What's more irresponsible?

Turning a blind eye or leading a which hunt, regardless of who is thrown in the fire (innocent or not)?

Guess it depends on your perspective but I think they are both equally irresponsible. >>

I don't know which would be more irresponsible.

However, I am not conducting a witch hunt. In fact, the powers at be SHOULD be conducting a witch hunt. I commend Oswalt for his comments on Arod, but he still needs to take a few more steps to garner full respect.

Jeff Bagwell did pull one of the greatest feats of all time....the time he showed up to Spring Training as the incredible shrinking man. But I guess it is possible he was trying out for a role in a remake of Stephen King's Thinner image
  • Options

<< <i>Jeff Bagwell did pull one of the greatest feats of all time....the time he showed up to Spring Training as the incredible shrinking man. But I guess it is possible he was trying out for a role in a remake of Stephen King's Thinner image >>

Geeze, the man has a bad case of food poisoning. Give him a break for crying out loud.