Home Sports Talk
Options

Dunn signs with Nationals

artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
This should help there non-existing offense a lot.

4 straight years of 40+ HRs and 100 RBIs

mathew
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Think he wanted to sign with the 'Stros but after we signed Bourne, there wasn't a spot for Dunn.

Dunn is another local kid that's done good.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Best signing of the off season. I don't even know what he got, but I bet it was cheap. He will come at a fraction of the price of Manny Ramirez. He is a much better buy for the money. Not that it matters much for the Nationals though...because they are still the Nationals after all.

Many mistake Dunn as Dave Kingman or one dimensional.

For those people, keep this in mind....

Adam Dunn has a higher career OB% at .381, than Ichiro (.377)!

So I guess Dunn is good at two dimensions, getting on base, and advancing bases efficiently(SLG%)...the two dimensions that carry the most weight for hitters!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping he land with the Angels but they went with Abreu. I would have rather have had Dunn in the line-up.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    The Angels or my Rangers would have been a much better fit. He will eventually be a DH so why not go ahead and get it over with. He is a defensive liability at any postition, well other than DH. He would have hit 60 HR's next year in Texas as DH.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    He will lead the league in Intentional Walks this year. I'll bet money on it.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good signing for the Nationals. I don't think he actually has 4 straight seasons of 100+ RBIs, though I could be wrong. He has 4 straight years of exactly 40 HRs (an intriguing coincidence in and of itself), and 5 straight of 40+ HRs. >>

You're right...in 2006 he had 92 RBIs but 4 out of 5 ain't bad image
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Not sure that is reason enough to go to new stadium, but I think it was a good signing. Dont know why you would pitch to him in the lineup he is in, will hit a lot of solos.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see another big name get added to the local Spring Training team!

ONE more day 'til the boys are back in town!