Home Sports Talk
Options

Aroid is caught lying....AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Rodriguez claimed in his ESPN interview that the Sports Illustrated journalist who first reported the Yankee star had tested positive for steroids in 2003 had stalked him and was cited by the Miami Beach police for trying to break into his home as his daughters slept.

But police departments from New York and Hoboken to Miami and Coral Gables say A-Rod never reported Selena Roberts' alleged crimes to them.

"I haven't been able to find anything to corroborate that she has tried to break into his home," Detective Juan Sanchez of the Miami Beach police said. "I haven't been able to find anything that corroborates the statement Alex Rodriguez made to ESPN."

During the interview with ESPN's Peter Gammons on Monday, Rodriguez accused the SI columnist of stalking him and trying to break into his South Florida home.

"What makes me upset is that Sports Illustrated pays this lady, Selena Roberts, to stalk me," Rodriguez told Gammons. "This lady has been thrown out of my apartment in New York City. This lady has five days ago just been thrown out of the University of Miami police for trespassing. And four days ago she tried to break into my house where my girls are up there sleeping, and got cited by the Miami Beach police. I have the paper here."

A-Rod did not provide "the paper" to Gammons. His agent, Scott Boras, did not return several calls inquiring about police reports that may have been filed by the Yankee third baseman.

Comments

• Options
    That doesn't prove a lie. There is a report that police were called to remove her from the front gate of his home.
  • Options

<< <i>That doesn't prove a lie. There is a report that police were called to remove her from the front gate of his home. >>

Alex said she "tried to break into his home".

You say there is a report that police were called to remove her from the front gate of his home.

Is standing outside his front gate the same thing as trying to break into his home image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    who cares, of all things he has done that are douchebaggery this is very low on the totem pole.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I hate the Red Sox.

BTW, last week called again. They once again want their news back.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...of all things he has done that are douchebaggery this is very low on the totem pole. "

///////////////////////

Likely so.

But, the woman should sue the guy.

He just settled a lawsuit with a carpet-layer. Arod's hybrid-wolf tried
    to eat the guy a couple of years ago.

He claimed it was a "German Shepherd." Turned out to be part wolf.

Not unusual that such an insecure fellow would have a wolf living in
    his house.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>who cares, of all things he has done that are douchebaggery this is very low on the totem pole. >>

As someone who had to sit and get drilled by two detectives over a false accusation, this is not low on the totem pole at all.
    Nor is it low on the totem pole to people right now sitting in prison for a crime they didn't commit.
  • Options

<< <i>Nor is it low on the totem pole to people right now sitting in prison for a crime they didn't commit. >>

Are you posting from the inmate rec room?

Nice new avatar.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice new avatar. >>

Yeah, what's up with that?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Is she locked up in jail right now getting stripped searched? No, so until that happens it is pretty low on the totem pole. Whether or not she sues for slander is her perogative but again I don't see where she has been arrested.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I think Bill has multiple personalities and is trying to throw us off with this Red Sox one. He also is fighting with himself ala Fight Club, I vote for the skinny guy on meth in the karate pose.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I have a problem with that too, I even mentioned it the other day.

I mistakenly said 'arrested' when in fact he said 'cited' cited means an appearance ticket.

He opened so many can of worms with that mea culpa.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I think Bill has multiple personalities and is trying to throw us off with this Red Sox one. He also is fighting with himself ala Fight Club, I vote for the skinny guy on meth in the karate pose. >>

The painted ninja is vicious. He scares me. Please don't anger the painted ninja. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a problem with that too, I even mentioned it the other day.

I mistakenly said 'arrested' when in fact he said 'cited' cited means an appearance ticket.

He opened so many can of worms with that mea culpa.

Steve >>

Not necessarily.

If I write you a speeding ticket that is an arrest. If I cite you for trespassing that is an arrest.......according to us and our "records". Whether you actually end up incarcerated or simply walk or drive away with a summons or citation doesn't matter.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice new avatar >>

You an old-school skater eddie? From a couple of your posts I thought you were a bit old to have enjoyed the heyday of santa cruz, but maybe I confuse you with mcmlvxvx topps or whatever his name is...
  • Options
    John, ok so when I said 'arrested' I was correct then too?

I was simply giving Arod the benefit of the doubt.

In any event he said 'cited' so that means (at least to me) that some form of official paperwork should
    be available.

lol funny but I knew that from my days working with a lower Westchester county PD (the accident arrest)

I did not want to confuse anyone here though.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Not defending ARod, but Selena Roberts was one of the lead writers for the NY Times and she tried and convicted the Duke lacrosse players in print. She even went so far as to state that even if they were not found guilty, that they were well-to-do being taken care of by other well-to-do's for the sake of a disadvantaged minority female.

Selena Roberts has yet to print a retraction or an apology to the Duke lacrosse players or their familes after it was proven that the case was a fraud and that the claims made against them were lies.

Selena Roberts also is pimping her book on ARod that is scheduled to be released in May. As they say, any publicity is good publicity in publishing.
  • Options
    So she is a whore. Not unlike most in that business.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Robert's book on ARod has had the release date pushed from May to April 14th. Interesting that the release date is the day before the Yankees open up the new Stadium... I would expect exerpts to be released on or around opening day. And the advertising campaign is suggesting that the book contains intimate details about ARod's sex life and many other personal situations. What a piece of work this writer is...

I hope she makes a ton of money on it and the Duke lacrosse players sue her and get every penny of it.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    thats alright,hes got plenty of $, like he really cres, modern players are high priced belhops now,and it ll gonna crassh down onthier heads